Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ouch indeed! :( Hmmm...I don't know, but I think this is the end of the franchise now for a very long time.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

At least unitl Bryan singer's movie reboot gets underway. Or is that even still happening? Haven't heard anything on that front for a while.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Singer's busy with the next X-Men film, at least for now.

4. 137th Gebirg

He seems to go in fits and starts with his BSG project. Every so once in a while he seems to be in between projects, looking for something new to do and the BSG thing comes up again. He makes several announcements and drops hints at interviews and then --poof!-- Something else comes along to catch his attention and BSG goes back on the shelf for another handful of years until the next time he gets bored. Wasn't it the Munsters reboot before (that later got axed?) Really? The Munsters?? Ugh...

I'm not really holding my breath with him anymore, although it would likely have been awesome. If it does eventually happen, I hope DeSanto gets involved again. I get the impression he was a balancing element for Singer in their original 2000 attempt and kept him relatively grounded and dedicated to the project.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Update, because, why not?

Episode 1: 2,586,591
    Episode 2: 837,651
    Episode 3/4: 864,080
    Episode 5/6: 842,102
    Episode 7/8: 474,886
    Episode 9/10: 472,644

I wonder how the studio values views of web content? Are early viewers more valuable than those who wait to watch these (as some are obviously doing)?

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

The telling thing will be DVD (and hopefully blu-ray) sales.

As long as the price is reasonable, I'll buy it.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

But that can't be accurate. Clearly everyone watches it via subscription and does so in order as it's released. We know this to be true, so there's obviously some kind of mistake here since episodes 3-4 and 5-6 have more viewers than 2.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Maybe more people re-watch 3/4 and 5/6 than 2?

9. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or just are more likely to stumble across them. I've seen 3/4 in my 'Recommended Videos' panel, it could be someone's going around youtube and clicks on them en route.

10. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

I actually liked this pilot series. I think it is well done considering its only a pilot and I think this has got to be one of the best pilot episodes I have seen for any series. However I kinda did not like the too young Adama, he kinda looks too girly and the cocky attitude. Well any ways this is a huge contrast to the real Adama we all know and love. But overall I think this is a huge missed opportunity for the big boy corporations.

11. DEWLine

DEWLine Commodore Commodore

I don't subscribe to any YouTube channel. I just watched each installment as it went live, that particular day.

12. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I waited until they were all posted and watched the whole thing in one run yesterday. Not bad. I wouldn't mind more of these.

13. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm -- it is hard to tell online -- but those are YouTube's numbers. I doubt they've been cooked. (Also, since all the segments except for the first two were released as a pair, it's possible some viewers simply overlooked episode #2).

14. 137th Gebirg

I was curious about the sarcasm/seriousness of that post as well. I watched the shows on my XBox just by searching for "blood chrome" and clicked "play". I don't have a single subscription stored anywhere.

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

^ I did the same, but downloaded them from youtube as they became available, then watched them on my computer.

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I hated the mega-happy ending.

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ like in Wayne's World? ;)

18. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For all those complaining about how this contradicted Razor, I didn't mind. It didn't contradict the (extended edition) movie at all and really only the first Razor webisode. I'll take a two hour movie over a two minute scene any day. It could have been better but It was more BSG and I enjoyed it. I just wish we had more.

19. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought B&C was pretty decent. The ridiculously long time it took for it to air sure made you think it would be an unmitigated disaster but as a spinoff pilot it's at least better than any of JMS's B5 spinoff attempts. Considering the nonsense that Syfy throws out there I really don't get why they didn't try to run with it.

20. STR

STR Captain Captain

Unmitigated disaster? Really? I'll be the first to admit that the second half dragged on, and it relied a little to heavily on character stereotypes, but there's absolutely nothing in either the casting, or general show concept that made me think "There's NO way this could be turned into a good show". It is a GOOD foundation. Not great, not like the BSG miniseries, but that's a rarity. Pilots are works-in-progress and should be seen for the potential as much as the actual content.

Even by itself, it's entertaining.