Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, according to the Twitter account of Syfy's Craig Engler, there's theoretically hope for the series. Engler's claiming that if the online, TV, and DVD numbers are good enough, they're willing to continue Blood & Chrome.

Now whether or not you believe them is entirely your call, but that's the word they're putting out there for the moment.

2. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    Well, I'd certainly like to believe there's a chance for the show. It's been entertaining thus far. I do like the BSG-verse and having this take on it has been a nice addition. Who knows, perhaps it'd get old sooner rather than later. But they've done some nifty things to add to the overall story world. I'd like to see them have a chance to continue doing so.

Especially if it means we get more albums from Bear.

3. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Based on "the shape of things to come" montage at the end of Caprica, Zoe-A eventually gets a hybrid organic/synthetic body that her parents create for her. However, I feel like she's a special case and not a representative of the cylons as a whole. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Zoe-A has nothing to do with the cylon rebellion. Otherwise, we'd see other cylons during the war with the same hybrid-type of body.

The cylons featured in B&C seem to be the next stage in mechanical evolution, bridging the gap to the new, sleeker models seen in nuBSG. The cylons were clearly interested in evolving into organic bodies, hence the experimentation and the genetic engineering (like the giant snake/eel thing). They weren't terribly successful, though, until the Final Five arrived and helped them develop the 12 human models. But even after that, the cylons still have synthetic/organic hybrid technology in the base stars and raiders, and they even still retain fully mechanical centurions as their foot soldiers.

4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After watching Episodes 7 & 8 (which weren't as compelling as the previous two installments, IMO), I did really like the new Cylons introduced. They reminded me of Terminators.

Does anyone have any more info on this model? Also, they looked more advanced than the classic TOS Centurions (featured in the new BSG pilot and Razor). I wonder if they were the midpoint from the old Centurions to the newer Centurions of the new BSG series? I also liked the cython from the previous installments.

5. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i'm right there with ya. i always felt like old school basestars and raiders were constructed by one of the colonies - probably to fight another colony - and then appropriated by the cylons.

as for the centurions we see in razor... it's essentially the U-87 from caprica with chrome armor. think it's pretty safe to assume they are the human-created generation before the cylon-created generation of cylons.

there's a line in the script i have for blood & chrome (which is an early version given to casting companies here in LA) in which beka kelly talks about her work for the cylons. i don't have it on me but she says something along the lines of "i worked on cylons, before the cylons started making cylons."

the script also features "stealth" cylons which have the ability to disappear or at least blend into their surroundings. i always thought it was stupid so i was glad to see it didn't make it into the final version.

6. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So why was the cylon repeatedly scanning her dogtag? What info was it reading and why was this slowing it down from killing her.

8. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    Seemed similar to the vibe when Anders' eye was scanned at the beginning of season 4.

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

It still took way too long for it to scan the dogtag. I know, I know, "dramatic license." It was still absurdly long.

10. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kinda a low key way to end the show. I liked the cameo by (spoiler) which was a nice touch. All in all Blood and Chrome is not a show I would recommend to a friend who never saw BSG before. It's good as filler to those who already have watched nBSG and want to see glimpses of the War but beyond that there isn't enough inbetween the action and flashy effects.

11. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay! Neck-breaking Six! Well, sort of...

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was cool to hear that voice with that music again.

Definitely feeling like listening to this now- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQowmzzdRr8

A fun series, didn't exactly blow me away or set the world on fire but I enjoyed as a BSG fan I really enjoyed and will definitely pick up the Blu-ray

13. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

It needed to upgrade its QR Code scanning software.

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably Information on the ghost fleet that was introduced a few episodes ago.

15. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the cameo with Tricia Helfer's voice and that music. Unfortunately, the cgi human/cylon was absolutely horrible. It was seriously the worst looking thing I've seen in B&C. That scene would have worked better if we just saw the hand caressing Becca's face with Helfer's voice.

The rest of the episode was great, though. I was surprised at Dr. Kelly's motivations, or rather, her methods. Good to see Husker getting his viper.

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Bit of a lame let down after a good first half of the movie. I expected the Ghost Fleet to play a bigger part in the end but ultimately they went with the tried and true method of humans being frakheads over some long overdue toaster destruction.

I can see why SyFy passed on this, doesn't really hold up quality wise to carry on.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can't get the stupid australian site to play more than 2/3 of ep 9 :(

I am going to scream.

18. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd bet that some colonies made soldier Cyons and buit the original Basestars and Raiders...humans probably originally *armed* the first Cylons who rebelled!!!

19. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

That's really bizarre. I get full access in NZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH8EDRptVAQ

Can you use something like Downloadhelper and try and download the clip to your computer before trying to watch...?

20. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This ending was expected considering it was written as a setup to a new series. I'm not disappointed but I'm not 100% pleased by it's quality. But it's good enough as a nice little backstory. Too bad we'll never see a continuation of it.