Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

OK that was weird, BSG Wiki on my mobile had the Valkyrie listed as the same type seen in Hero and included the stuff with B&C and the photo of the ghost fleet showing the Valkyrie (it's there on the latest video, wide shot as they first find the fleet, at roughly 8'51" in, centre left of frame, or in the wider shot preceding that there are two Valkyrie-class ships in view).

Then I jump on the same site on my laptop and it's the original article. So I go back to my phone and it's the original article there too!

So it may be the Galactica-class Battlestar after all. I sincerely hope it is, for two reasons:
    - If it's the same ship then - as The Wormhole said above - Adama would have seen two of the ships he would later command.
    - It would take the tension off what potentially may happen later in the story; if the ghost fleet were to have a battle at the end of B&C then it's a sure bet at least the Valkyrie survives.

2. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had low expectations for Blood & Chrome, so I'm happy to say that I've been pleasantly surprised. I've really enjoyed the first four episodes.

3. Reverend

Reverend Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wikis are fan edited, so I really wouldn't take their word for anything. They have undo buttons, so articles changing back and forth--especially where new content is concerned--is a very common occurrence.

As for the show itself, I'm enjoying the webisodes so far. A little light on character development, but that's balanced by the action, intrigue and relatively small cast of characters.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The series keeps getting better. While there are plenty of cliches here, all the action, FX, and design are really making this series entertaining as hell.

5. Candlelight

So... anyone wanna hazard a guess as to where this show might go?

*** purely speculative guesses only ***

I think Djerba will turn out to be a Colonial base, not a Cylon occupied planet as we're told. Dr Kelly is either part of a plan to make a new breed of Cylons for fighting Cylons, or they are perfecting their own 'virus' to try and take the Cylons down.

Unfortunately this is where a prequel fails. The whole missing to get Kelly out there is based on the notion it might 'turn the tide of war'.

Well, Razor has shown us not much has really changed, so Kelly's plan will obviously fail. It might set the Cylons back and give the movie a stand alone victory, but I think the plan itself won't work (this is BSG we're talking about here).

I would also like to the Galactica herself come in guns blazing towards the end; the show is called Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, so lets get the Big G to play her part.

6. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Adama and Kelly will frak. I mean, this is BSG. At some point, somebody has to frak someone else. It's a given. Adama will face ground combat against cylons, which will cause him to morph into the cylon-hating badass that we all know and love. I'm not sure about Kelly's mission. Probably has to do with uploading a virus, which will fail.

7. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I think she is actually a sympathizer. We've seen nods to Caprica - I think she's a worshipper of the monotheists' god, and she's a double agent.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

They're putting a lot of emphasis on the holodeck goggle things, so it's clearly going to have something to do with that. Especially since Kelly used to work for Greystone Industries, the people who came up with that technology as well.

My guess is that it has to do with Zoe. The mission is either to track her down and capture her in order to try to figure out why the Cylons did what they did or find some way to take control of them the same way she did, or Zoe herself has had a change of heart and is reaching out to try to help humanity. Either way, it's going to take place via virtual space.

9. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I think it's unlilkely Zoe or any other Caprica plot thread will play that direct a role. At most the show may reference Zoe as the Cylon god but I don't see her appearing.

Most definitely.

Razor showed us a war that what, had the Cylons and humans more or less at parity in terms of power? The point of B&C is right now the Cylons are winning, and winning could include plain wiping out the species. This could be the pivot moment that gives the Colonials a fighting chance at not being wiped out.

10. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    Damn strait! Oh wait ... you're talking about B&C ... not nBSG ... never mind.

:rommie:

11. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

tricia helfer has said she has some involvement in B&C and we've seen concept artwork of a half human-half cylon being, so think in terms of that.

12. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

May or may not have become the first hybrid from Razor. So many questions left unanswered.

13. Candlelight

I knew as soon as I wrote that word it would come back to bite me. :)

14. Candlelight

Just watched the trailer again...

Osiris takes a pounding, and loses at least one engine. The raptor crashes on the planet. The two viper pilots join the raptor team on the surface, either by ejecting or landing safely. There's a snake or something which grabs one of them. There's at least one type of advanced centurion-like soldier which attacks the crew. And there's a room filled with shimmering lights and liquid pool controls - like a basestar from the future. Oh and yeah, Kelly and Adama get it on.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's possible that the colonials were secretly cloning?

They were in a war against baddies that can make fully trained seasoned soldiers in a few ours.

They have to keep up some how unless it becomes acceptable to suddenly start throwing 12 year olds into the breech?

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

When it is revealed during our last 7 minute webisode that all of Dupod's characters are cylons the internet will explode.

17. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

So he was actually infiltrating Destiny and Corbulo Academy in order to destroy them from the inside? :eek:

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really enjoying the series so far, it's pretty good. As for the B&C soundtrack, from the Twitter account of the Bear himself.....

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That depends on your definition of Cylon.

Did the colonial Cylons have half assed skinjobs before those Gods showed up with their cook book?

Or were their other kobolian Cylons mucking about trying to make ends meet before the final five arrived?

20. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    And I happily obliged to drag the comment to its lowest denominator. I'd say I was sorry ... but, well ... you know ... ;)

And I'm thrilled that B&C's soundtrack might get released. Bear's work has been one of (the many) highlights of the first four installments.