Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Writer Rear Admiral

I really enjoyed 3 & 4 as well. My only quibble is the use of previous BSG actors. The guy who played Kirby was one of the guys on Pegasus, and the Lt. Kelly actor was there too. Otherwise, I'm really liking this. And I love seeing the "old-school" raiders too. No shots of any cylon pilots yet though; I suppose they could even borrow a shot or two from Razor for that if needed.

2. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i suspect they're saving that for a big reveal later.

i think i liked parts 3 & 4 better than 1 & 2, felt like it's gelling a little more. not looking forward to that cylon snake though...

3. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cylon Basestars do look a little different. It looks like a cross between the old and new Basestars, I can see some kind of outline of the nubsg basestar on it's saucer.

Was there another character named Ezra in BSG before?

4. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

So far so good. Enjoyed this week's episodes.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

They're reusing actors from BSG so much they may as well have had Eddie Olmos play the young Bill Adama ;)

But apart from those distractions, good stuff. Can't wait for next week's installment/s
    (also glad they're doing it in basically 5 parts now rather than 10)

6. ElimParra

ElimParra Invader Premium Member

They are available now. Just watched both episodes.

Enjoyed both.

7. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

They are really overdoing it with the recycling of BSG cast members. I know the Vancouver actor pool is limited but come on bounds of reason. Kelly, Narcho, Hadrian, Gage, and the inspector guy from Caprica... have I missed any?

8. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    Wow, what the frakkin, frakkity frakballs is SyFy thinking of sitting on this for so long? This just gets better and better. They damn well better make more of these.

I have never noticed (minor) actors from show to show unless pointed out, so I guess that's a small blessing that I'm not recognizing all these guys.

Something that's occurred to me about the mission in Razor being Adama's "first" mission:

If he stays a part of this"ghost fleet" until just before Razor, then that's his first "official" mission, "on the books", so to speak.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Dr. Beka Kelly is gorgeous and I see JILL TEED is in it as the commander. She was in SG-1 and BSG. She's great!!

10. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The story is good and I'm enjoying it greatly. The ghost fleet was good but the throwaway name of 'Valkyrie' is starting to head towards Trek territory (IE using the same names over and over makes the universe a lot smaller; homages are nice but they could've picked a DIFFERENT name...).

They really should be careful about what shots they use in trailers, which give away plot points and ruin tension. Mainly dealing with the cliffhanger of ep4 and seeing...

...the Osiris getting blown to pieces.

The FX are excellent. Hutzel and his team should be congratulated.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Trek series recycle a lot of same actors and that's a much bigger pool than Vancouver. I'm kind of at a loss what exactly people getting worked up about. They're actors playing fictional characters. If someone could explain I'd be deeply grateful :)

12. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With the exception of Brian Markinson who was a regular in Caprica, I don't have a problem with reusing actors as long as the Character is very different.

13. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly the only actor I've recognized so far is Brian Markinson, and that's only because he has a role on Continuum (yet another sci-fi series shot in Vancouver, but one of the few also set in Vancouver). This probably just reflects that it's been over a year since I've watched anything BSG related.

14. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    The re-using of actors seems a minor trifle to me - especially considering the rest has been so entertaining. Yep, it's still paper-thin fluff ... but it's been a BLAST so far. And I'm still shaking my head as to why this wasn't given more of a chance. I'm sure (at least I hope) the execs had plenty of data as to why moving forward would be unprofitable. But I see this as a (would-be) series with lots of potential for growing an audience.

Oh, and continuing to love Bear's work on this, too.

15. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah I've been listening to my BSG sdtrks again since B&C came out. I hope Bear can release this music....

And I think the show is fine. There hasnt been too much character development but it is a pilot pretty much...

HAd this gone to series I would have loved to have Esai Morales, Sasha Roiz and other Caprica actors play guest roles. There might have been a ton of development of young William given his background. And what happened to Daniel Graystone?

16. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really enjoyed parts 3 and 4. After B&C was shelved, its fate uncertain, and then it left on ice for many months, I (and I suspect, many others) was under the impression that the final product just wasn't up to par. SyFy wasn't happy with the results, or they didn't know what to do with it. Having actually seen the first 4 pieces of this story, my fears about the quality are pretty much gone. This has been a pretty cool addition to the BSG universe. I am glad that it's finally available online, and will soon follow on DVD/Blu-Ray (and if we're super lucky, we'll get a soundtrack? We need more Bear McCreary soundtracks!).

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

I have to agree with this. It's Adama's first week out of the Academy and he's already run into the two ships he will some day command.

Well, I'm sure this is probably a different Valkyrie, since the one we saw in Hero was supposed to be a newer ship. But still, they really should have gone with a different name.

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the reusing of actors, Mike Dopud just confused me because the show is about copies.

19. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

think it's supposed to be the same ship, they used the same model, it's just not on screen very long. bugged me too though because i'd assumed valkyrie represented a new design and not a contemporary of the galactica.

EDIT

...and i take it back, according the BSG wiki it was a galactica-type battlestar.

20. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

According to Battlestar Wiki, it is the same ship as we see in Hero.