Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[highlight]***SPOILERS AHEAD***[/highlight]

[​IMG]

Fan Site | IMDb Page | Wikipedia Entry

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj50xJhWdcM[/yt]​

2. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Okay... looks like this is actually happening.
    I can't handle all this crazy sci-fi news. It seems like madness!

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? Machinima? Weird.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is the music going to be by Bear McCreary too?

5. Sindatur

Sindatur Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe so, that's why we knew some decision was imminent early this year, because Bear (In December 2011 or January 2012, I believe) announced he had finished the music

6. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm excited to hear new music by Bear, but I don't think I'll watch the series itself.

7. Sindatur

Nobody will be watching the Series, because they decided not to do one. They have just the pilot, and there will never be anymore (Unless of course, they change their mind, which is incredibly unlikely, considering the cost and resources required to get just he Pilot done)

8. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks alright, and it's not like I'm currently watching anything space based anyway (also Bear McCreary, huzzah!) I miss BSG - and hell, I miss Caprica - so I'm definitely in.

I can't say I expect this to be as good as Caprica's pilot, though.

9. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Web series

10. Sindatur

Ah, OK. I don't really respect their decision to call it a Web Series, so, that thought didn't occur to me. I'm personally, most likely going to wait until it airs on TV or is released on DVD, I suspect watching it as a "Web Series", when it was filmed to be aired as a 2 hour pilot, will let alot of air out of it.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I first read about this when Bear McCreary posted about it on his Facebook page saying the trailer offers "the first listen to [his] new BSG score." So, yeah, he did the music.

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

What, this and Star Wars? Those movies won't appear for years. Actual space opera in the works still seems aggravatingly skimpy to me, especially on TV. Now if you like supernatural cops and post-apocalyptic stories, you're sitting pretty.

I think I'll wait a month until all of B&C is available at once. I don't see the point of doling it out when it's all available now and people can dole out their own viewing as their schedule permits. Especailly since it sounds like the whole thing is about an hour and a half of viewing time. I think I can handle that at one sitting.

13. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

It sounds like a pish way to release it. Will wait for the DVD.

14. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Webisodes in general are a garbage concept for any kind of long-form dramatic storytelling. They suck all the tension right out and ruin any sense of pacing.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But I need something to look forward to. So B and C webisodes it is.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Love BSG but can't get worked up about this. Might wait for the unrated DVD.

17. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like a video game

18. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't go that far. The webseries format has worked better for comedy, but it can do decent drama if it has a handle on what kind of drama it wants to do (the Gaeta miniseries was okay).

This said translating a story meant for a full pilot episode into fragmented web series bytes sounds a bit like watching an episode of BSG and taking a week break where you'd normally just watch credits.

19. V

V Commodore Commodore

I'm not "worked up" or excited about this, but nor am I angry. Mildly curious, I guess. Sort of a just "we'll see what happens" attitude.

I suspect it will be worse than Caprica, I don't know.

I remember an interview where David Eick tried to spin why Caprica failed but how they'd fix that with Blood and Chrome.

He said he felt BSG was a good mix of "action and intellectual scifi", but Caprica was too esoteric and about scifi concepts, without any space-based ship battles.

...then he said, that their response is that Blood and Chrome will swing in the opposite direction, and have mostly action.

...which seems kind of silly; I mean he just said "BSG was good because it balanced both A and B", and "Caprica failed because it had too much B"....so..."now, we're going to make a show with mostly A".

Why not go for a balance again?

I'm fearful that it will be mostly action scenes and little drama or issues. BSG gained wider popularity for being a "scifi drama about political issues" and such.

What if Blood & Chrome is just an action movie, "humans good, Cylons bad, smash'em" ??

Well maybe Eick just gave an odd interview.

Really curious to see what they actually made.

***The biggest failure is that I think if Blood and Chrome was the prequel they made ORIGINALLY, it would be a full series today. When you think "prequel series" you think "First Cylon War"....not what Caprica was, whatever it was.

But its too difficult to make a second prequel after the first prequel failed. They should have started out with this.

20. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

The first taste of the music sounds terrific. I'm sure I'll get the soundtrack, if and when they release it, but I don't think I'll be watching the series.