Battlestar Galactica 5x01: "Slowly the Hands on a Shovel"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Aragorn, Mar 28, 2009.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Excellent

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Above average

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Average

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Below average

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. Poor

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah... best thread EVER!

Sharr

2. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I just saw that the spoilers hit the interwebs this morning about the epic 2 parter coming up, 5x04 Plow Me Gently part 1 and 5x05 Plow Me Gently part 2

3. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

I missed last weeks episode, so some of the things I saw in 5x01 were to say the least, suprising. Where the hell did the little androgynous guy that looks like Paul Williams Junior come from, how come he's a doctor, and who the hell comes up with a last name of "Zee" given all the other names in the series?

I'm sorry, but I gotta boycott any other season 5 episodes. It's jumped the shark, gang.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

This is the one where Baltar suggests and begins to implement a planetwide repopulation plan, right? I love the double meaning of the title. They have to plow, because they're farmers... but "plow" is also slang for sex.

I swear, RDM is the greatest writer working in the industry today.

5. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

Did anyone else laugh when the tribeswoman asked Baltar, "You Alive?" and then cluncked him over the head with that giant club?

Nice throwback to the miniseries.

I also enjoyed watching Adama try to teach some inner-settlement kids the importance of Calculus.

6. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was great. Though I wonder how she dyed her animal hide that shade of red... :lol:

7. CommanderTrip

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This week's title was appropriate too since it fits with Bill getting Laura back.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent! Particularly the part where the pack of hyenas devoured Helo alive. :bolian:

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Okay, your threads need to have some connecting basis here. Helo can't be alive in one person's post and dead in another's! Right now I have to pick and choose what y'all say to set up the next episode synopsis. :p

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Actually, no one on this show can ever die for good, as we'll find out in a couple weeks about the "resurrection microbes" that remade Starbuck, brought Laura back, and killed Helo (only so they could bring him back, too.)

12. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm quite sure Temis was just mouthing off. :techman:

Helo's got the mystery virus from 5x01, and I'm waiting eagerly for the show to return to his storyline down the road.

13. CommanderTrip

Yeah, I enjoyed that part too, but we find out in the first 30 seconds of 5x02 "Faith in Flames" that Helo inexplicably survives with only minor injures.

Sorry, I tried to put that in spoiler code, but I couldn't figure it out.

14. Temis the Vorta

This is BSG, of course he can! He keeps getting resurrected by the monotheists' "God" and killed off again by Zeus. BSG's answer to Kenny McCormick.

15. Temis the Vorta

This is BSG, of course he can! He keeps getting resurrected by the monotheists' "God" and killed off again by Zeus. BSG's answer to Kenny McCormick.

Who me? I'm taking this just as seriously as it warrants! :rommie:

16. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You can see the tension building against Lee as the honeymoon is seemingly starting to wear off and the others are getting upset at leaving things behind. I thought the part where Tigh was making his own distilliary using the tree roots was funny, he will need to do more than that to get drunk again.

17. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14 votes for Excellent!!????? You've got to be padding the stats! This is a joke!! That episode was below poor, it was a horror!!

18. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The brief scene of the free Centurions walking about their control center, looking at each other and the walls and wondering what to do with themselves was very moving. Bear's music brought their feelings of loneliness and confusion home to me. What do you bet these guys turn around and go back to Earth by mid-season? Mayhem will ensue!

Also: SPOILER ALERT

Adama WILL be building his cabin all season. Apparently the building process is some kind of 'journey' for him. Who knows what it will mean.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Hmmm. Guess March 32nd came early this year.

20. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

Just two things:

1) I loved the way Adama grumbled for everyone to "do their jobs" when he employed a whole bunch of Eights as slave labor to build his cabin.

2) Ship of Lights! Ship of Lights! Anyone want to bet the ship of lights is responsible?