Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 27, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

40.3%
  2. Above Average

31.3%
  3. Average

18.5%
  4. Below Average

6.2%
  5. Poor

3.7%
  1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally agree that it remains to be seen. Certainly, it's possible that the song predated this guy.

However, I think it's easy to assume that this guy, if he is Daniel, goes back to at least as far back as the Final Five. So, he'd be contemporaneous with the song at the very least. That, combined with the fact that he is a musician, suggests to me that he wrote it.

But, again, it's all uncertain. I also have another theory that the head people/person are from a previous iteration in the cycle and that Kara's father is all the head people but appearing differently to each person. So, he'd predate the time of the Final Five and again could've written the song.

But, I'm not putting money on any of those theories!

Mr Awe

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Read it all.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

If he is Daniel, then we know he doesn't go back as far as the Final Five. Daniel was one of the Skinjobs that the Final Five created long after they left Earth.

4. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

How could you not recognize that song? It's so distintive. Plus, Tigh goes ":wtf::wtf: WHAT... THE.... FRAK?? :wtf: :wtf:", then Tory says "That's the song!". Why would they do that to just any old song they recognize?

And it's been used since Crossroads, as the final five theme that Bear composed, it underscores a lot of scenes subtly, and sometimes like Revelations and Sometimes a Great Notion the song is played overtly again.

5. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

RDM says Anders wrote the song in his podcast, saying it was an implication that wasn't made clear in "Notion"

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Anders definately wrote it.

7. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

With all those eights walking around Athena may have to get a tattoo so Helo can recognize her.

8. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excellent. A clear step up from the previous episode (even manages to straighten out one or two things that bothered me about Deadlock).

I absolutely adore this kind of episode. It's character driven yet effortlessly moves the plot forward. It's absolutely engaging and beautiful to behold at the same time. I just adore the look and feel and the music on this show. They recognize how powerful this is when making a show.

Plus I was expecting a lot about Starbuck (which we got). But never expected what we got with the Chief and Boomer - chilling.