Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 27, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

40.3%
  2. Above Average

31.3%
  3. Average

18.5%
  4. Below Average

6.2%
  5. Poor

3.7%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

If this episode doesn't make significant headway into Starbuck's storyline to the point where they reveal who and what she is, this episode's highest grade from me will be an Average. We have 4 episodes left, 3 if we discount the season finale which will probably be the showdown between the Fleet and Cavil's Fleet. Time to start "knowing the Truth".

3. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the USA will find out tonight, and hopefully me tomorrow, the following: -

1. Starbuck is Daniel's daughter.
    2. She is therefore a hybrid like Hera.

It would tie up all the little tidbits we have heard about Starbuck throughout the series.

4. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not all that wrapped up in "knowing the truth" about any of this stuff. I just want to see where humanity/Cylons in general and each character in particular winds up at the end of the story. I care, for example, a great deal more about whether Boomer lives or dies than about why Kara had to burn her own corpse.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Another Voyager remake.
    We will see Caprica Six exploring dating with help from Doc Cottle

7. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

I still can't believe we're going to sit through another "Frakkin'" skinjob trial! [/Tigh]

8. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lets hope its not as boring as last week but looking at the promo im not hoping for much. Im not interested in Boomer.

9. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

This one looks good. I'm looking forward to what looks to be Tyrol's big episode. I understand all the hate and wailing that's been going on lately regarding everyone's beloved Chief, but I happen to think he is one of the more subtle and fascinating character arcs of the entire series. I am very impressed in particular with how his identity dilemma in 4.5 has been handled.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Time for some more payoff, especially on the Kara front, and hopefully with Boomer, too.

11. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Seconded. Regarding Boomer, I think she will survive this episode but I'm not happy about the way I suspect things will turn out:
    From various sources of info ('frak chart', promo teasers, promo pictures, episode descriptions, a spoiler about "an 8" impersonating Athena in this episode) it looks like the final five and Adama/Roslin will decide to hand over Boomer to the rebel Cylons, de-facto for execution (allthough she will get a kind of showtrial, I suppose), but Tyrol won't agree, will go see Boomer in the brig, share a projection fantasy with her and likely help her in some way. Boomer will then escape, knock out Athena, take her flightsuit, frak Helo and likely take Hera to leave in a Raptor, posing as Athena. She may commit some sabotage or attack with the Raptor (it it's armed) while leaving, as well.
    And if that happens, I can't say she's wrong to do so after the way she has been treated.

12. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

I doubt there will be a trial, in the end.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

Oh I understand what you guys are saying, but it's been 2 years (+) since Maelstrom and in BSG Season length, it's about equivilent to one full season. I too want to see where everyone ends up, but this is being billed as a Kara Heavy episode and we haven't had much of those lately. It's time to reveal the big secret and then get consequences to that going into the finale. If this episode doesn't do that, than I will be very disappointed.

14. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Boomer has barely even been in the series since "Rapture", while Starbuck got the entire Demetrius storyline pretty much to herself. She doesn't lack airtime.

15. Verteron

Verteron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but I'm not sure Boomer really deserves an entire episode. I mean, it's not like she's critical to the story...

I suspect the Starbuck arc and the Boomer arc might span this and 'Islanded' next week leading in to the 'BIG FINISH', they may well both play important parts in whatever the ultimate resolution of this thing turns out to be...

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

While I don't think Boomer needs a resolution, I'm glad that she's back. Hopefully she gets to play a bigger role than she has been allowed the last year or so.

Honestly, I would love it if she ended up getting back together with Tyrol. It would be an excellent bookend to the Boomer/Athena love story. Both Helo and Tyrol get to be with their Sharons.

17. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Clearly, the producers agree with you. I can't fathom why such an interesting character - a Cylon who thought she was a human, and was basically forced by other Cylons into an evil zombie mode into which she was murderous - has never been deserving of a decent storyline, once Athena took her place on board. Boomer should have had deep issues with the other Cylons and an entirely different worldview, but this was shown only in "Downloaded" and the character was dropped after that. Instead, the BSG producers apparently prefer manufactured drame like the Sam-Kara-Lee-Dee quadrangle of doom, or the Ellen-Caprica-Tigh shit from last week. They could have a really dramatic figure in a Cylon who loathes what the others did and is hated by the humans for all the wrong reasons, but it just didn't interest the producers. A pity.

18. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

What I find interesting is that way back in 'Litmus' it was military protocol that broke up Tyrol and Boomer's relationship even BEFORE she was outed as a Cylon. This time it looks like Tyrol is going to step up to bat for her. I have no doubt in my mind that Tyrol will raise hell to protect Boomer, especially considering he has his Final Five weight to throw around.

19. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

For God's sake, just pick up the pace! :scream: Stop wasting precious minutes with pointless and frivilous subplots about Baltar and answer some questions already.

20. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair they have explained a heck of a lot in the past few weeks.