Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 20, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

7.1%
  2. Above Average

26.4%
  3. Average

46.7%
  4. Below Average

14.2%
  5. Poor

5.7%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

Looking forward to the Final Five being on the same screen together. Can't wait to find out what happens and maybe more on Model 7.

3. Carbon Unit

Carbon Unit Lieutenant Red Shirt

Am I the only one who never noticed until last week that there was a model (#7) missing from the lineup?

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing a lot of people thought (up until last week) that #7 was Ellen. Now, of course, we know better. :)

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

The only one? Probably not. But it's definitely something that's been going around for a while.

6. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's something that's been kicked around since the entire line-up of model numbers was confirmed early in s4.

7. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weird. Everytime I think about the next episode and how much I'm looking forward to it the clock almos seems to be running backwards. Cruel world! :D

On another note, I have to say I'm not too keen on some of the titles they've had recently. I know that, for example, "The Oath" is probably very fitting for that particular episode. But I tend to prefer the slighlty more 'poetic' titles.
    "The Oath", "No Exit" or "Deadlock" do nothing for me in terms of the title. I far prefer "Sometimes a Great Notion", "Islanded in a Stream of Stars", "Someone to Watch Over Me", or "Daybreak", for that matter.

8. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    "Deadlock" sounds like a title for a Doctor Who episode, though right now I can't tell you why. I think there's been something similar....meh. Dunno.

Anyways, looking forward to it a lot. Ellen rocks, and I'm glad Boomer's back....and not as Number One's "Pet Eight". yuck.

9. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Here's hoping it's excellent.
    I hope there's some references to the chief's "boiled cabbage" recipe.

Five more to go, or six including this one?

10. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a remake of the Voyager episode of the same name I hear, where a duplicate Galactica is created after it passes through a spatial scission.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

^Except on the duplicate Galactica, everybody is cheerful, and there are lots of little Human/Cylon hybrid kids running around in the hanger bay, which has been turned into a ball pit.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I had noticed but a lot of people - including myself - just assumed it meant the number system meant nothing.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I still think it means nothing. The final 5 should have been 1-5 and then you had Cavil be 6 and the rest be 7-13 if it had meant something.

14. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Doesn't really sense, I think. Why would the Final Five (based on what we learned in No Exit) give themselves numbers? They all have names. Plus based on what we saw even before that, they weren't the only ones inhabiting Earth. So why should they be 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? Why not 823, 943... or something?

The other Cylon models are their creation. So it makes sense they would start counting at one and go from there. I really don't see why they'd include themselves.

15. Berg417448

Berg417448 Commander Red Shirt

Why would the final 5 have numbers? They were just 5 among many individuals born and living on "earth". They re-created lost resurrection tech after being warned by the "messengers".

Once they made their deal with the cylons to help them create "skin jobs" it is quite logical for them to number the models since they were being manufactured from scratch. We know from "No Exit" that Cavil was the first to be made and he is model #1.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Aaron Douglas bragging that he got to choose his own number or something?

17. Berg417448

Aaron Douglas has said a lot of things that didn't turn out to be quite accurate. He also likes to joke around. One time he jokingly said his character killed Apollo and people took it seriously.

18. CaptainKit

CaptainKit Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

That was a really great Voyager episode, which showed a hopeful future for the series. Unfortunately, it didn't ever live up to its promise.

19. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I voted poor. Just kidding. Well, it starts in 30 minutes. I wonder what new stuff we'll find out tonight? :)

20. Berg417448

This episode just didn't do anything for me.