Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

64.8%
  2. Above Average

26.6%
  3. Average

5.1%
  4. Below Average

3.1%
  5. Poor

0.4%
  1. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I got the impression that they were specifically studying resurrection tech. to survive the coming apocalypse. Speaking of which, I wonder who warned them.

Obviously.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yes. Glad you mentioned that. It was a good opening. I wonder if they'll be winding the show down with openings like this one.

Good catch. Makes the guy even more screwed up.

3. -Brett-

-Brett- Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"EM spectrum" "Prehensile" "Supernova" "Amniotic fluid"

Awwww. Ain't that cute. BSG's trying to pretend that it's sci-fi.

4. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Also:

If Ellen is the mother of the Cylons, then Tigh is the father. They are Adam and Eve. When she first meets Boomer, she offered her an apple. So we have Eve offering one of her children "the apple." She tempts her to betray John, and, in the end, she does. It's stuff like that that makes me love this show.

5. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excellent, though I'm going to need to rewatch it to get the details and collect some of the parts I missed. I loved the amount of mythology that they packed into this episode. I would just like to say that while I never actually got on here and posted because my posting had dropped off of late, I was actually thinking there was 13 cylons for a little bit now. The thing that triggered the thoughts in me was the fact that in the Opera house scenes, there were six glowing curtains instead of five.

So, what I got out of tonight was that Cavil is the biggest anti-human skinjob in the group because he hates himself so much. It's an interesting concept. I appreciate how they were finally depicting the way that the Galactica has taken a beating over the past several years. It's high time that the ship started to show some wear-and-tear, and not just the outer hull visuals. I know she had little to do with tonight, but I would just like to take this moment to say that I have absolutely hated Tory ever since the final five revelation. I like how the "head-characters" got a reference as something... but based on what was said, I think the show has some more very bad turn of events coming at them

I'm having an theory about Kara and others. Kara resurrected. Roslin and Baltar had head-people appear to them (though I'm not sure if I want to write off Roslin's delusions of the priestess as just being off her drugs). What if the 12 colonies are more "cylony" than they know or want to believe? Also, it would explain why Baltar survived the initial nukes... he didn't. He died with Caprica Six and resurrected. What if Kara, Baltar, Roslin, and two others are the "new" final five for when this all happens again?

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I remember early on that people weren't happy about Kobol being the origin of man and Earth being a colony. I wonder how these people feel about that now, or do we know enough to say that this is how it happened?

7. archeryguy1701

Oh, also: To those who were calling out the scroll at the beginning of the series about the Cylons having a plan.... I don't know about anyone else, but it sounded like there were some plans being described in this episode! ;) :p

8. I was impressed with the way they weaved Cavil's villain-ness into the Final Five. Feels a bit ret-conny but it made a twisted amount of sense.

9. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

It also makes sense of his name, eg. Cavil. One cavils, eg. objects, to something. I said sometime ago that his name is reflective of his character. Now we know. He objects to being human in any way. He hates himself. He hates humans. He hates the Five, Ellen in particular.

10. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a quiet episode but I really enjoyed it. I just feel a little cheated we didn't find out about the whole deal with the head people, one true god, opera house and whatnot else.

11. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I noticed the apple and thought much the same thing.

Sharr

12. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

:techman:

I love this frakking show!

So much makes sense now!

Life begins on Kobol, the 13 tribes go their separate ways, only 12 stick together while 13 goes off on it's own. Centurions destroy Earth's skinjobs, who've stopped resurrecting, but the Final Five of Tigh, Ellen, Sam, Tyrol and Tori have re-created it. They survive, they travel in limbo-time across space to warn the colonies, said trip takes two-frakking-thousand-years with virtually no time progressing for the final five because of their speed of travel, and when they get to the 12 colonies, it's too late: they've created Cylons again, and the war has come about. To stop the war, the Final Five offer the Centurions to help them evolve, create skinjobs for them. They bring Cavil - now also known as John - around, and he helps them make models 2 through 8. He's frakked in the head though. His centurion fore-fathers wanted him to be more than metal, to be more human, and there he is, wanting to be metal and not human! He fraks up model Seven, Daniel, out of jealousy and kills the Final Five, only to bring them back unaware of who or what they are.

Then, frakked up frakker that he is, he commits genocide and kills 30 billion people! All the time always knowing the whole story, the whole truth, while his "brothers and sisters" lived in ignorance. He wants the five to suffer. He screws with them. Plays resistance with Sam, tortures Saul, fraks Ellen and forces her to betray mankind to save Saul, screws with Tyrol's head, all out of revenge. Hunts humanity, hunts Galactica, hunts the final five...

:eek:

We have so many answers now...

Why the Cylons models seemed to get slightly younger with each model number. Cavil, number one, being the Oldest. Leoben, number two, second oldest. So on and so forth. Why the models skipped number 7 - they didn't, there was a seventh and he got frakked with. That said, the symetry continues. 12 colonies, Earth being the 13th, the lost one. 12 Cylons, Daniel being the 13th, the lost one. How and why Saul and the others never knew they where Cylons, how and why they aged - because the bodies do age, in a way, after all. That the five can resurrect. Or could. That Cavil has ALWAYS KNOWN SO MUCH and FRAKKED WITH EVERYONE! All this time we thought Baltar the evil frak, but no, it was Cavil. Baltar was always a manipulated petty frak!

ZOMG... I'm just going nuts with info overload!

13. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Loved it so much. So happy we got answers and not teases. One thing I don't understand. If cavil wants a metal body so much why ddoesnt he just build one and download into it?

14. Sharr Khan

That's been on my mind all day. Perhaps that's still in the offing, maybe he's been building a huge space ship for himself...

RDM did tell the F/X guys to spare some money for the final...

Sharr

15. Strider

Strider Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe I missed this, but if the Final Five knew how to get to the 12 Colonies from Cylon earth, then that would imply that the people of Cylon earth were always aware of their origins and identity since they arrived, correct? That might rule out the Cylon earth being the Real Earth as we know it, seeing as we the viewers do not know about Kobol and the Colonies as a real history. Also, we never saw any shot of the Cylon earth that would establish what its continents looked like, which as many people pointed out seemed awfully deliberate.

Now, we also know there is an actual planet that looks like our Real Earth. For that matter, Real Earth looked pretty healthy compared to the ground-level view we got of the nuked Cylon earth. I'm starting to wonder if the show will end with humans and Cylons discovering our Real Earth and settling there. Maybe they call it "Earth" as almost a joking, wistful reference. After all, they'd been looking for Earth all along. I wonder how far in our (the viewers) past that would be.

16. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How much do you want to bet Sam's mind is now literally Elsewhere?

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

My money is on Daniel = Zac Adama.

18. Sharr Khan

Final Five "Colony Ship" I might wager... not proof of course.

Sharr

19. archeryguy1701

I'm going to have to go back through the series, but I think Daniel is someone who D'Anna did something bad to. If you remember in the Temple of the Five, she apologized to one of the people there, but as far as I can remember, she didn't do anything to the 5 that we know of. So, which "humans" did D'Anna abuse before getting boxed?

20. Devnull

Devnull Captain Captain

excellent, they finally sold me on the final five.