Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

64.8%
  2. Above Average

26.6%
  3. Average

5.1%
  4. Below Average

3.1%
  5. Poor

0.4%
  1. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There will be answers, not everyone's gonna be thrilled about some of those answers... but there will be a semblance of new information provided.

My guess the more we learn the more questions we'll end up with rather then less. I can already see a few new hot topics arising and the episode hasn't even aired yet.

Numbers, numbers, 123, Four, Five, Six, Eight... 13 tribes Twelve Cylon Models...

Iblis is in the details ;)

Sharr

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it will be like DS9: Rapture, with Anders on the cusp of knowing everything, but his condition is worsening, and Starbuck has to choose between saving his life or this knowledge possibly killing him, and orders Doc Cottle to operate.
    Anders wakes up distressed he nearly had it, but now its all gone.

I think I'd go mental if that happened though :D

3. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

oh.... my gods.

I think I'd rather watch Tyrol run laps around this ship again if thats the case.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I can't agree there. I've been so looking forward to finding out what this whole Earth/Cylon mythology is all about. They built it up and it looks like we'll be getting some answers at last. I can't imagine that being a yawn-fest.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

But they're kings of that...

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I bet we won't get many answers tonight, but it'll still be good

7. Berg417448

Berg417448 Commander Red Shirt

Spoilers say we will get several answers.

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

NEED! EPISODE! NOW!

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'm staying away from spoilers for BSG

10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Why are there already votes? Have people seen it already or are they based on the early podcast? Or just people voting without having seen anything? :)

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

So am I. I think I'm getting more psyched for this one more than the one last week, and last week got me really excited. With all the issues I have with the show, these final 10 episodes are reminding me of Season 1 a bit. It's been a while since that happened.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

People don't have to stay away from spoilers. They've been doing a very good job of keeping a lid on the last 10 episodes.

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully this episode will continue NuBSG 4.5s streak of awesomeness.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

Yeah even though I wasn't all that thrilled with "Disquiet..." Looking at the big picture it did it's job, but as a single episode, it wasn't as good as the rest.

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

SCIFI previews give away too much though

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thats true (example: Season Three finale promo "We're Cylons")

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

What the FRAK just happened?

Dang

So much information in one episode, I did NOT expect that. This is the episode I've been waiting for.

Gonna take some time to let it settle and figure out everything.

Oh yeah, "Excellent" duh

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

FRAKKING EXCELLENT!!!

It's amazing just how good this season has been. Finally, we get some long-awaited answers about the Cylons as well as a new question or two. Exposition-heavy but it works here.

Great performance turned in by Dean Stockwell, with good ones by Michael Trucco and Kate Vernon. Tigh and Ellen as a couple if just plain bizarre but Michael Hogan made that scene work. Really good scene on Colonial One between Lee and Roslin. Though limited as it was, the B-plot involving Galactica was good too.

The new opening is great and I liked the scene with Ellen and the Centurion. Who was the brain surgeon?

19. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    "Get me the Chief.....Do whatever it takes to save our girl"

I love the Old Man! :)

And the Chief is once more the Chief!!

All of that and some answers too, still feels a tad contrived but overall I liked it.

Excellent from me.

I loved seeing the wear and tear on Galactica and seeing the damage control teams crawling around trying to fix her.

The Centurion putting away its claws was a nice touch too.

20. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Above average.

Lots of good revelations, just wasn't riveting or edge of my seat like BSG can be. And I'm starting to think I was right that when these questions begin to be answered, some of the splendour and wondor of the BSG world would slightly wane. It's like when they went onto the Cylon baseship in s3, that terrifying mystery of what the cylons were all about from "33" started to go away. I think the same thing is going to happen when all the angles of this show tie up. Now, this episode is a good indication that it will be great nonetheless, but still, I don't think anything they could come up with can be completely satisfying, given the totally mind blowing questions that have been swimming in my head for the last few seasons.

P.S. Noticed a continuity error... Caprica 6 refers to there being "weeks" between now and the last episode, but that clearly doesn't gel with the rest of the episode, where it seems like the next day at the latest.