Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

17.0%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0.3%
  5. Poor

0.7%
  1. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Except that they already found Earth. Wasn't RDM adamant that what they found was Earth. Wings of angel = Starbuck.

2. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I never said they would go back to Earth. Rather, I said that they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel."

Read more carefully. There can be more than one Earth. There can be more than one fulfillment of the words "on the wings of an angel." That's standard to prophetic statements in literature. People around this forum need to be little less overliteral, and it wouldn't hurt to bone up on the difference between sense and reference.

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Commodore Commodore

I think that is a crack in the hull structure.

4. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Read more carefully? Good advice.

I did read carefully which is why I put the part about RDM in my post. RDM said they will not find another earth because that would, in his opinion, betray the audience too much.

5. 0 of ln(kirk^3)

0 of ln(kirk^3) Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll just say this and leave you all to pat each others' backs: the way Admiral Gaeta and my president were treated near the end of this episode was frakking outrageous.

6. KennyB

KennyB Knight of Ren Premium Member

Resistance IS futile.............:lol:

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cry me a river.

8. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

The quorum bought it! OMG, they killed Dr. Fraiser again! You bastards! (oh, that was the other show with the other mass execution of a committee) The killers even bothered to close all the corpses' eyelids, too. More presentable to Gaeta that way.

Romo killed someone. Dude's HARDCORE.

I couldn't remember who Kelly was

I found this one a tad underwhelming, perhaps because the safe thing to do was to have Adama and Roslin win and that's what happened. They didn't off Tigh like I figured.

Also, Laura's refusal to handle her duties is what gave fuel to this munity. Now she's the righteous avenger? It only took how many lives to snap her out of quittersville?

9. 0 of ln(kirk^3)

0 of ln(kirk^3) Lieutenant Junior Grade

Semper Fidelis brothers! So say we all.

10. PurpleBuddha

Your not selling it good enough.

11. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Pfffft, that's what you- ah, screw it, I give up. :p

12. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Oh Yeah, Romo killing that dude with a pen frakkin rocked!

How many shows have you seen where someone gets killed witha pen, hehe

13. Samson88B

Samson88B Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Adama's actions in the end really show the sign of a good mercifull leader. If it were me - I would have in anger executed every one that sided with Gaeta :evil:. Not Adama. He executed the leaders of the rebellion. I guess we will never know what he decided to do with the rest of the participants of the rebellion. I don't thing that Ron Moore would use what little time is left to elaborate on their fate, but instead focus on the plot of the fate of the fleet.

I hope Anders made it to. I kind of think he will as there is so much hype of the final five. It would be crule if Ron Moore built us up with all this final five crap only to throw it out the window.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  14. PurpleBuddha

The pen is mightier than the gun?

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

It's almost happened twice in this one. ;)

Yeah, that scene was awesome.

16. Velocity

Velocity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that pen was mightier than....

17. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

You're still not reading carefully.

I never said they would go back to Earth. That's your statement. This means, in case you can't parse your own words, that you thought I was saying they would return to the place called "Earth" a few episodes back. They won't find another such place called "Earth." Yet this doesn't contradict anything I wrote. Try reading carefully...yet again.

I have said not a word to contradict RDM, taking your own statements as a reference. Once again, you need to bone up on the difference between sense and reference.

18. PurpleBuddha

LOL. You said they would "find Earth". RDM said they already found it. If they find a different planet it won't be earth.

Please read my entire post before replying next time. You sound worse than some of the people in TNZ.

19. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was an interview a while back where Michael Trucco (Anders) said tptb wanted to work in the spectacular scar on his neck from the surgery after the car accident he was in. Guess this is how they're doing it.

He remembers Everything!

Oh, and the Prime Hybrid never mentioned "Earth" either. He said "they will join together in the Promised Land"

20. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't think this one was as good as last week's episode. It started off maintaining the tension and suspense from last week but it faltered in some of the middle passages ultimately recovering some of it towards the end. It had a few nice bits but overall it really didn't grab me entirely.

I thought the "trial" hurt the pace and wasn't that interesting. Gaeta wanted to justify what he was doing by convincing himself he was being a patriot and was nothing like Zarek. I have never cared for Lampkin and this return appearance did nothing for me with the exception of him stabbing his guard with a pen. I guess though if the episode needed a lawyer and the show wanted one last appearance from Lampkin this was a way to justify it.

I didn't care for the Baltar/Six sex scene. This has become a BSG cliche. Yes, I get Baltar is a horndog and copes with stress with sex.

The Quorum is slaughtered which didn't phase me in the least given they've been nothing but annoying sniping extras in the few scenes they've been in this season. And two more bite the dust this week--Zarek and Gaeta. Any other show and it would be shocking but with BSG it is business as usual. In fact, if there isn't a suicide or death of a regular or recurring character then that would be a shock. Sadly, BSG has turned it into a predictable formula for this show and as a result guts the dramatic impact.

At this point I'm mainly sticking around for the plot/mythology(What happened to Earth, who created the skinjobs, the mystery of the Final Five, who provoked the Cylons to break the armistice, who the Cylon God is, who are the Head characters, what happened to Starbuck). I don't care about Apollo, Six is an extra, the Cylons aren't that interesting an adversary, I'm still waiting for something interesting to be done with the cult, etc etc. The only two characters I'm particularly interested in are Adama and Roslin who had the best moment this week with her unleashing her fury--"I'm coming for all of you!". Loved it.

Average--there were some tense and interesting scenes sprinkled through out but far from great or excellent in my opinion. This season has been hit or miss and with six episodes left it is going to take a lot for it overtake other series final chapters. However, it is still possible with most of the interesting plot threads yet to be addressed. Normally, I never watch promos for tv shows anymore especially serialized ones because they reveal too much but I watched the first few seconds of next week's promo hoping it would look interesting and address the mythology and re-energize my languishing interest in the show and thankfully it did.