Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

17.0%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0.3%
  5. Poor

0.7%
  1. 0 of ln(kirk^3)

0 of ln(kirk^3) Lieutenant Junior Grade

What a horrible outcome. I was really hoping Gaeta would succeed. Frak Adama and frak the Cylons too! I voted poor.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

You've gotta be kidding

did you SEE what Zarek did?

everyone's future hinges on this alliance of humans and Cylons, their fate is to come together and stop fighting, only then can they prosper in the future

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I think I'm more excited about what happens next week than I was for tonight's episode. All the stuff I mentioned in my first post in this thread (The Opera House, The Hybrid, Ellen, etc.) seems to be coming next week. I can't wait.

As for this one, Above Average. It was good, and a pretty satisfying conclusion, but I think I was expecting a little more...something. Would have been nice if Zarek wasn't killed by Firing squad, but took a bullet in the back of the head or something. I was fine with Gaeta getting it that way though. I wasn't one of those who hated what Gaeta was doing. It seemed like there was some merit to it, but like I said last week, Zarek was the mastermind behind it all.

Also, I really had a problem with the first scene. Maybe it was a money issue, but last week we ended it with the Granade going off. This week we should have seen the inside of the hanger with the Grenade exploding. Having them jump to just Adama and Tigh immobalized seemed a bit cheap to me.

The best parts were Adama and Roslin. Both of them were badasses in this episode. It was so fun seeing Gaeta squeal. :guffaw:

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he joined just to be a troll.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Quite.

After tonight, support for Zarek equals support for mass murder.

6. 0 of ln(kirk^3)

Yeah! He added to the overall drama while doing the colonies a favor by taking charge (unlike that coward Adama).

7. Samson88B

Samson88B Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That was definately a interesting part. Remined me of Jurassic Park III. I am really interested to find out what happened there,:shifty:

I know the enemy is suppose to be the cylons and this is BSG so I don't think there would be any kind of weirdness, but the only thing that comes to my mind is some type of entity - the one that can't be seen. I'm sure they will write this out in some sort of way where those marks are not "scratches". Those marks are important to the storyline.

Really looking forward to next week. The return of Tigh's wife seems a little to easy. I hope there is a good expanation of how she was able to return. Really looking forward to next week.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

it was a favor to kill the quorum? wtf

Adama a coward? wtf

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whereas before tonight, only support for the Cylons equalled support for mass murder. Parity! :lol:

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that Gaeta would shot Zarek when Adama came back into power. Gaeta had some good points and Zarek just liked killing people.

11. 0 of ln(kirk^3)

Anyone who doesn't stand up to the Cylons is a coward, including the cowards in the quorum.

Long live humanity!

12. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Things are looking bleak, I have to admit, but I still think the resistance is going to pull this one through. Enjoy sitting on your thrones while you can Adama & Roslin!

Pro-Zombie Zarek/Undead Gaeta!

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Cylons have proven that they can change. Zarek gets no such leeway.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Unless we are all Cylons, a current theory since everyone on Earth was Cylon.

I think there is more about us that is alike than different between the Cylons and "Humans" Especially with the final 5, they seem more human than even the other Cylons.

15. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Excellent!

I was pretty sure Zarek would buy it in the end. Wasn't sure about Gaeta. But Adama was true to his word: no amnesty, no forgiveness.

I'm glad there was some complexity in the mutiny, too. Not everyone was completely behind it. Some changed sides. They all had their own reasons. In Kelly's case, it seems his heart tends to get the best of him--hatred for Baltar drove him to plant bombs, and loyalty to the Old Man got him to give up on the mutiny.

I hope Anders made it, but I have my doubts. Helo's not in the best shape, either.

And that is some serious metal fatigue in the bowels of Galactica. She's not long for this world.

I guess Laura and Bill won't have a lot of resistance to anything at this point, and I can imagine the ship captains are about ready to just shut the hell up and go with the flow. They'll be pretty cowed once they learn their beloved Zarek massacred the Quorum and tried to assassinate the legitimate President and overthrow the military.

Can't wait for next week!

16. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was wrong to kill them and a low point for Zarek, which is saying a lot. But in the end it probably will be good for the colonies. The quorum was filled with dipshits.

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

You know I like that idea.

18. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why would they go back to earth?

Remember, Ron Moore already said that the dead planet was earth and there will not be some other planet they find which really is earth. The "wings of an angel" were the wings from Starbuck's ship, as it was her crashed ship that lead them to earth.

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's no resistance. There was just a coup.

20. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Although they will not land on another planet called "Earth", there is a chance they will find a new planet to call Earth. So it would be Earth in the sense that the Colonials decided to call it that. :)