Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

17.0%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0.3%
  5. Poor

0.7%
  1. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Stellar episode. I really felt bad for Gaeta at the end. I wish they left him alone in a room with a cigarette and a gun instead of the firing squad.

Zarek on the other hand, showed his true colours in the end.

And I loved Narcho's little speech, it really summed up the whole situation - I thought maybe it would allow Adama to feel a little more sympathy for the mutineers.

Captain Kelly returning was a surprise and a joy (I expected him last episode so when it didnt happen I assumed he wasn't gonna show up).

And of course good old Romo back again. Can't go wrong.

Next episode looks very mythology driven, I can't wait!

2. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Those gashes in the hull in the engine room have got to be foreshadowing something ...

3. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode.

What was the deal with Baltar and Gaeta at the end? Was it merely meant to show Gaeta was finally at peace now that he is going to die, or were they hinting at more?

4. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

sick episode. It didn't miss a beat.

This is what BSG was like in the first season, and most of the second season.

It's back.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

My theory is: Galactica is dying.

6. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was Gaeta's final meal given to him before execution.

He probably asked for a smoke and some company, which he was given. And he and Baltar have a complicated history - that ranged from hero worship to outright hatred thanks to New Caprica. So it was interesting to see them having a final conversation - really very well written.

And yeah, I think Gaeta was happy to die - he's been so bloody miserable since he lost his leg I think he's glad to see it all end.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

glad they wrapped this up and are getting back to the "core" mystery still remaining. If this had dragged out, i'd have been pissed.

The cracking in the engine is gonna be a problem. Galactica is on her last legs, doesn't look like they have much left before she just disintegrates out from under them. Dunno if that was a central section or one of the engine pods, but either way, stress fractures have that part about to come loose from the whole ship...

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Another excellent episode. That was a spectacular follow-up to last week. It didn't disappoint.

- I liked that Gaeta wasn't killed off in the retaking of the ship. We were given time to see him come to terms with what he did, THEN die. That happens so rarely in TV and movies.

- That Six model with the long hair was pretty easy on the eyes. I like that look.

- I'm glad they touched on Sam and Kara's relationship. We didn't get much about how she felt about him after finding out he was a cylon.

One question... What was that paper thing that was on Adama's chest when he was about to be executed in Baltar's dream?

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm going to agree with the "Best two parter since Kobol's Last Gleaming" comment. Excellent stuff. The tension was there for this whole episode. After all this, I'm kinda sad to see Gaeta and Zarek go. They were two of the most interesting characters on the show, and the last couple episodes really made us love to hate them.

10. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excellent. Fucking. Episode.

Also I'm glad Zarek's dead.

11. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Excellent

Seriously my only complaint is it went by so fast. It seems that in the end Zarek is truly a villan while Gaeta is just very misguided and miserable. I hope they keep killing off characters at this rate to keep things interesting!

It's been great to see these previous background characters get the focus in Season 4.5 so far. Dualla, Gaeta and Zarek have all come to the forefront and had their stories wrapped up or just ended. I like that.

Seeing Kelly, Gage, the quorum, Narcho, Connor, Laird, Seelix, Racetrack, Jaffee, Skulls, Vereem, etc really helped to put this episode over the top too. Having these secondary "background" characters helps propel BSG way ahead of shows like Voyager since it gives things a sense of realism seeing the same people over instead of random pilots and marines.

On another note the crack in the ship is clearly foreshadowing something to come. Awesome to see the ship fall apart. I only hope it goes down fighting like Pegasus!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  12. Agent Richard07

You didn't like it? :lol:

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I agree. Galactica herself will probably not make it to the very end. In fact, I recall reading a theory that the "dying leader" in the prophesies was not Roslin but Galactica. It makes a lot of sense as well if you you consider the serpents=vipers thing that Baltar realized.

14. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went with excellent. Not quite as crazy fast paced and edge of your seat as the last episode, but it was a great conclusion to the mutiny.

15. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I am so disappointed in this episode. I wanted it to end with Bill strangling the life out of that pigfucker Gaeta. All that build up and he went with the firing squad. Very disappointing.

16. Agent Richard07

Oh, and that promo for next week's episode, the one I saw on Space... :eek:

17. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

The Prime Hybrid also said they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel." Sounds to me like that's the rebel baseship. IMO, Galactica will be lost in a battle with Cavil's forces and the rebel baseship will carry the fleet to Earth.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Above Average

The reason being is cause I wanted to see Roslin put a bullet to Zarek herself, in the most hurtful way. I did like that Adama put up Gaeta to a firing squad though, very fitting for what he did to Adama.

It felt a little slower in the 2nd half, I think I was expecting bigger things like Tigh taking the bomb for Adama and ending up getting killed.

It was still really good though overall, a nice conclusion to that arc. Now that the quorum is out of the way and Zarek too the President and Lee and Adama are totally in charge and this alliance with the revel Cylons will happen very easily now, which I think is important for their future. Hopefully we can get back to learning more about Earth.

I liked what we saw of the FTL engine, mechanical, me like.

Looks like Galactica is falling apart though, who knows how much more she can take. What if adding on the Cylon FTLs will put even more stress on the ship ripping it apart? Hrmmmmm

19. WendellM

WendellM Commodore Commodore

I thought the bulk of it was well done but well traveled (is this the 3rd mutiny? 4th? I've lost track) - in other words, Average. In the final moments, though, there's some real human emotion (besides anger) and a solid resolution, which just bumped it up to Above Average for me.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Above Average, not enough main characters are dieing!