Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

17.0%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0.3%
  5. Poor

0.7%
  1. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

They can call themselves whatever they want but there is a difference between theory and practice. Communism in theory is not necessarily a dictatorship.

2. CaptainKit

CaptainKit Vice Admiral Admiral

This episode for me was OFF THE CHARTS!!!!! Since Excellent was the highest rating, that's what I gave it. Comparing this series to Voyager is natural but superficial. The ironic thing for me is that I loved Voyager so much that it is the only series in creation that I own the DVD's of. Yes, it was very, very flawed as has been discussed to death elsewhere, but two things make it watchable in rerun: the fact that it was episodic and not a serial and the character development. I admit to the irony because being episodic was a weakness for Voyager in first run.

Much as BSG is a far better executed show and has a far more realistic verisimilitude, I have no desire to watch it again. Because of how it was drawn out, I forgot or never retained a lot of the details of the series, especially to the background characters, and I do not care. I just let it wash over me as it unfolds but I do not have an emotional connection to the characters the way I did with the Voyagers.