Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 30, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

82.4%
  2. Above Average

13.0%
  3. Average

3.1%
  4. Below Average

0.8%
  5. Poor

0.8%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

No, Adama is right, they need to utilize Cylon tech to help them, and we need to integrate the rebel Cylons into the fleet, it is time to forgive and unite.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

They were NOT misleading their people. They weren't wrong, Earth does exist, it just isn't what they thought it would be. They had to set a course somewhere, and at the time Earth was their best hope. It still might very much be, there is a lot they don't understand about it, like why everyone there were all Cylon. If nothing else, they are learning a lot more about their past, and how this all came to be. Through that learning, they can build a better future.

3. scotthm

scotthm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Obviously untrue, as thousands of people still survive. An ineffective leader would have settled them on New Caprica to meet their doom, or abandoned them to the Cylons like Admiral Cain did.

---------------

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

or Baltar, what a bad decision that was to settle

5. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

There effective with using military fource when ever the defenseless civilains question the Adama-Roslin Dictatorship.... Roslin sure has been president for a long time with out ever being actually elected....

6. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

20 20 Hindsight

7. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless your name's Laura Roslin, in which case it's 20/20, but not so much hindsight.

8. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Where was her 20/20 vision when she lead them to a bombed out Earth. The people wanted New Caprica so Baltar gave it to them.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Adama and Roslin did NOT mislead the public. They've kept them alive for over four years.

I'll post more of my thoughts later.

10. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Qourum = Queen of England

Lee = Lapdog/Henchmen

11. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

BS, At first Adama told the fleet about Earth and that he knew how to get there. That statment was untrue.

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Absolutely intense from start to finish. This is one I may just have to watch again before next week (which absolutely cannot come soon enough.) I'm loving this show right now perhaps more than I ever have.

13. USS Gettysburg

USS Gettysburg Captain Captain

What a frakin good episode. OMG.

14. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Frakking Excellent.

Felix is such a little bitch. I've never rooted for someone to get shot more than I'm rooting for someone to shoot him.

This episode was just tough. It had all kinds of nutsack about it. I don't wanna wait till next week. I wanna find out what happens with Bill and Saul now.

One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena? If so, who the hell let her out of the brig?

15. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Frakking excellent. That was an amazing episode. Only Galactica would have the guts to do a story like that.

Kudos for Alessandro Juliani performance tonight. I thought he was excellent and probably the standout. Great scene too where Adama is removed from command.

I think if we all lost what the Galactica crew has lost, we'd all have a much different opinion as to what is going on here. That being said, the human race is dying and if they have to rely on the Cylons to stay alive, you do what you can to try and stay alive.

16. USS Gettysburg

Dang, can't get over how good that was. Such an evolution for Gaeta. It is amazing to really think about his entire storyline and what led up to all of this. FRAKING BRILLIANT.

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That was intense. It was also an easy excellent about 17 minutes into the show. You people were right. Last week's episode was a build-up to something great.

Now for a few points and observations...

- I've been watching a new show called Lie to Me. It's about a team of investigators who use facial cues to detect lies and while watching that show, I feel like I've learned a thing or two. Well, When Baltar told one of his concubines that he didn't want to leave her, I noticed a brief and subtle facial cue that suggested that he was lying. I thought that was interesting. Good on James Callis for that.

- Watching Bill and Laura kiss in front of everyone was just as intense as the action going on.

- I know our people will be back next week, but while watching, I could really believe that everyone was screwed big time. This is the kind of episode that the show's detractor's should watch. I think this was one of BSG's finest hours.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but as Adama said in the mini he had to give the people something to believe in otherwise they would shut down. Just look at the season premiere for an example.

19. USS Gettysburg

Blah, Blah, Blah... Just say it was fraking awesome!

20. Vampire Kirk

Vampire Kirk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Excellent, the best episode so far this season.