Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 30, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

82.4%
  2. Above Average

13.0%
  3. Average

3.1%
  4. Below Average

0.8%
  5. Poor

0.8%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

Haven't seen a single promo, but from the implications of last week this one seems like it will be a total bombshell.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This one could get very ugly. Hopefully both sides will give in on the issues. I don't want Adama toget hurt but I can't really agree with his position. I agree with Zarek but the guy is a bastard, albeit one who is fun to watch.

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Is anyone else Pro-Zarek/Gaeta?

5. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see both sides of the argument being right.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, I'm really looking forward for this show to be over. And I mean this in a good way.

Between the huge season and mid-season gaps I really want to finally see how it will all turn out and how the questions will be answered.

Oh well, not much more to go...

7. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not in the slightest. I'm actually surprised so many people are sympathizing with those dudes.

8. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

both sides seem to be half right . . . that's the tough thing about this show is that nothing is black or white . . .

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched the 30sec preview this morning; can't wait for this one!

I wanna see Gaeta lose the rest of his limbs in a bloody massacre! :D

I think it's hard for us the viewers to be on the side of Zarek & Gaeta as we've always been on the inside as it were, but you can see why people of the fleet would stand with them, having not seen the whole picture from their perspectives

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  10. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know...I mean if you think about what the people in the fleet have been through, not having regular contact with 'good' cylons, it's pretty reasonable that they would be suspicious of any cylon help.

Edit to add: Ethros pretty much said what I was thinking, and beat me to the punch. This is what happens when I wait half an hour to respond ;)

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well good point plus the people of the Fleet probably don't know that

1) Zarek is a self-centered ass

2) Gaeta's anti-Cylon position is because an 8 he was involved screwed him over on New Caprica and recently went nuts and killed everyone except him and her on a Raptor that got stranded. Which you think it would be obvious that a lot of the 8 are fraked up I mean honestly name one we've met for more than a few seconds that hasn't wiged out at some point.

12. DeafPoet

You and Ethros make a good point. It's totally logical that the people of the fleet would feel that way. In fact, it'd be lame if they didn't.

But Felix and to some extent Zarek know better. That's why I don't buy it.

13. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We (as "the viewer") see way more than what the fleet (fictional characters) sees. In that context I find the Quorom and even Zarek's reaction something I can understand and sympathise with.

Gaeta, not so much, because he's a bit closer to things.

14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's hard to sympathize with anyone in this situation. Adama and Roslin have been ineffective leaders, misleading their people for "the greater good." Turns out the greater good was a lie. Zarek is an opportunist, and Gaeta is bitter and personally motivated, too. They may have a point, but the next question is, how can they do better than Roslin and Adama?

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm calling it now, next week's episode, Alessandro Juliani and Richard Hatch get top billing in the credits.

16. Hartzilla2007

I on the other hand am calling that they go out the airlock next week and maybe possibly this week. If mine come true I'm getting popcorn :evil:

17. DeafPoet

An extremely relevant point. All Felix and Tom know is that they don't like where the Roslin/Adama administration are leading them. What would their motivations be if their coup succeeded?

I'm not even sure they know.

Sort of shades of G.W. Bush. His detractors (of which I'm one) were calling for his head for eight years but all they could focus on was how wrong he was and not what they would do differently beyond "the opposite of him."

18. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a feeling Adama has some bullets with their names on it. :)

-Chris

19. Hartzilla2007

That or a good flushing out the airlock.

20. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am resoundingly not pro-Zarek he is a self centered, hero in his own mind. BSG's Che' and deserving of as much respect (none). Felix problem is he's an idealist, idealists are often disappointed in the long haul.

The funny thing Roslin & Adama weren't wrong. There was in fact an Earth - they though were a little off and methinks there are other forces behind that. They also have worked not for their own self-interest but for the safety of humanity in the broader picture.

Sharr