Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 23, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

21.1%
  2. Above Average

44.2%
  3. Average

24.7%
  4. Below Average

7.4%
  5. Poor

2.6%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul".
    [highlight]***SPOILERS AHEAD***[/highlight]

"A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

[​IMG]

"Admiral Adama wants to use Cylon technology to help the fleet find a new permanent home, but not everyone agrees with his plan." - TV.com

* This is the first episode to be written and filmed after the writers' strike. It's also the first episode directed by Ron Moore.

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

An episode written solely by Ron Moore and directed by Ron Moore? I might as well give it the "excellent" rating already. ;)

3. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

^ My thoughts exactly. Here's hoping.

Going back to season 4.0, I realize I've given the last 3 episodes (Hub, Revelations, Notion) all 'excellent' ratings. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just letting my excitement get ahead of me, but I went and did a quick re-watch and realized the show HAS been that good.

Can the next 9 episodes keep up this extraordinary quality? Unfathomable (gotta be a misstep somewhere, right?), but still possible.

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

It makes perfect sense to me, the fleet needs all the help they can get really.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved. And Adama has a plan!

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

You know, that would be an awesome new tagline for the final few episodes. It kind of makes sense. ;)

Looking forward to it, even though I will be out tomorrow night and have to record it. At least I can watch it right when I get home and fast forward commercials. After last week, I really can't wait till Fridays now because each episode brings us closer to the resolution of all of this. I wonder what we'll find out tomorrow.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm loving the titles of these new eps so far. Very poetic and introspective. Is there a full list of titles available anywhere? I also remember sites popping up all over the place with "promotional stills" of each upcoming episode. That appears to not be as common this time around.

8. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, they seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on things. Fine by me. I'd read the spoilers if they were out there, against my better judgment.

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

These are the titles for the rest of the season, according to BattlestarWiki.

The Oath
    Blood on the Scales
    No Exit
    Deadlock
    Someone to Watch Over Me
    Islanded in a Stream of Stars
    Daybreak (I and II)

10. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

LOL. My take as well. I guess we'll see soon enough.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

It's good to know that the press is alive an well on the Galactica Transistor Radio Network.

EDIT: oops posted in the wrong thread...

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

That was a good exposition episode. Next week's looks much better.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I went with 'average'. We got some good character stuff, especially with Bill "Sometimes I really hate this job" Adama (:lol:) and finding out that Hot Dog was the one who got Cally pregnant, but a lot of the episode felt like a return to the early season 4 lull.

Other random stuff...

- Looked like the Chief was ready to give away the kid he's been raising.

- This wan't the first time it's been implied that Bill and Laura slept together is it? Didn't they do this on New Caprica along with smoking pot?

- Took guts or stupidity for Six to be talking about the future of the Cylon race in front of the doctors.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  14. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted excellent. It was quite entertaining and moved the plot along nicely. :) Plus it had lots of Zarek! Wonder were Tory and Anders were though...

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

This episode seemed mostly setup for what looks to be an intense next episode. Pretty average overall.

16. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Above Average, Ron Moore did good :)

A lot of good stuff, its building up to something good

17. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

It was pretty good. The only part that I thought was kind of dumb was Hotdob being the father of Cally's kid. It kind of seemed "soap opera", but other than that it was pretty good.

For some reason the coming insurrection seems like it is more of a Cylon Plot. Perhaps the Cylons want the humans to kill each other thus eradicating them and then the Cylons can be free.

18. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Good ep, "Above Average" at the least, might be "Excellent" in retrospect if next week builds on it properly. I am glad it looks like they are pulling out all the stops for the final run. Finally, Zarek gets to pull off the revolution he's always wanted!

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

It was obvious they have to keep Hera as the only Cylon hybrid

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, clearly a set up episode.

Next week clearly isn't a set up episode.

i had a few problems with it. First off Cally slept with a no body? I was hoping for more. Has it been 3 years like was said in the review clips or was it 4 years like the episode said that Adam said he would find a new home? And I forgot my last point. :lol: