Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Three also made it plain last week that all she has that makes her valuable is information. That, and that alone, is what is keeping her alive. If you ask me, she simply lied for the benefit of her audience. If she can keep them believing that there's one Cylon somewhere else, then they'll keep her alive. It doesn't matter where the final Cylon is, whether with Cavil and his crew, on her basestar, or on Galactica. All that matters is what the people she doesn't trust believe. Simply put, don't believe everything she says.

2. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Above Average.

I figured with a title like "Revelations" we'd get a bunch of them but I guess not but it did have a few but there are still a ton of revelations yet to come

Who is the Final Cylon? What was the sound Starbuck heard? What happened to Earth? Where is the Final Cylon? Who activated the signal? Who created the skinjobs? What happened between the 7 and 5 and why do the Five have no memory of being a Cylon? When will the Ship of Lights show up? What is the purpose of all this? Who is HeadSix? What happened to Starbuck when she "died"? etc etc

I enjoyed the reaction from Adama to Tighe revealing he is a Cylon. The anguish was overwhelming and understandable. I also thought the final act was the episode's best collection of scenes seeing the fleet celebrating finding Earth to their crestfallen expressions seeing the devastated Earth.

This season finally takes off as it is comes to an end. It was all over the place this season. I don't dislike it as many seemed to but I certainly don't think it was as excellent as a lot of others do. I fall somewhere in the middle.

I didn't care for Baltar, I didn't care for the cult(still not sure where that is going if anywhere), I didn't care for Lampkin's return, I didn't care for the tedious Quorum scenes, I didn't care for the yawn-inducing Colonial politics centering around Apollo, the Cylons still aren't interesting adversaries but at least the writers added some interest with the civil war and the Five. D'Anna is still the most interesting Cylon so glad to see her back. Lucy Lawless does a good job with the character's portrayal. I especially love how she carries herself and her facial expressions. I also liked Natalie but she lacked the intriguing dimension D'Anna possesses and I'm still waiting and hoping Athena killing Natalie serves a greater purpose than just Athena spending a little while in the brig. Caprica was wasted this season. Zarek was a boring plot device. Cavil was wasted. Boomer was nothing more than someone who cast a deciding vote and was Cavil's lover-that whole thing came out of nowhere and was akward and felt it existed to explain why she went against her fellow models.

It also might have been interesting to develop a storyline with Tigh the Cylon in charge of the fleet but I've come to accept with shows like BSG with so much material and so many characters perhaps too many and only so much time in an hour that things don't always get to be explored like they might have in a more traditional serial drama.

If Lee fared well the least then Roslin fared the best with a great performance and the bulk of material. Her scenes with Bill or her scenes with Emily in "Faith" or her scenes with Baltar in "Hub".

The FX were as usual outstanding--the battles, the resurrection ships, the basestars as well as the resurrection hub and its destruction.

I'll be watching next season but I am not going to be frustrated with a long wait.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't be opposed to that ;) Too bad Galactica can't transform like the SDF1 though.

There are some similarities between Macross and Galactica although since Macross was made I think 5 or 6 years after the original series it may have picked up some of it. But the events of the new Galactica share some things.

Humanity has been nearly wiped out by another race and factions of that race are now joined with humanity and may perhaps rebuild a destroyed Earth.

4. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

were to now? were r they gonna go? Mars? Back to kobol? what about the other cylons, we haven't seen the last of them.

5. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sounds like its chopped out of longer phrase/sentence.... I can see why you heard "we're".

I watched the scifi stream this afternoon, and then watched it again when I got home tonight, and it still amazed me. What a great ending. Excellent!

Best show ever!!

6. simmsbc

simmsbc Lieutenant Red Shirt

I really was looking closely to see if I could recognize any of the continents that are the earth and I couldn't see any. I really don't think this is our earth and there is probably something sinister acting in the background that wants to destroy the humans and the cylons. Maybe the final cylon is homicidally insane.

7. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

Excellent!

I loved how they transitioned from a super-happy tone near the end to an "oh crap" tone at the very end.

8. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

Boy, did they all look depressed at the end there!

Overall the season had it's issues, especially in the middle... which usually happens in the middle of the latter half of the season, not the first half... but as usual the end of the half season makes it all worthwhile.

9. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy fucking Christ on toast. Excellent, only because there's no "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD
    OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMY
    GODOHMYGODOHMYGODBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHFLUBBLUHFLUBBLUHFLUB
    BLUHFLUBBLUHFLUBBLUHFLUBBLUHFLUBBLUHFLUBBLUHHURGLEHURGLEHURGLEHURGLE
    HURGLEHURGLEHURGLEGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMY
    GODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD
    " option.

Somehow, the writers packed five or six episodes into one, and made it all seem effortless. I do not know how they do it. Everything that has been said so far is spot on--the performances were amazing, the writing tight, the ending nail-biting, the emotional scenes heart wrenching...

Did it look to anyone else like Olmos really injured his hand punching that mirror? There was a smear of blood on the shattered glass after he put his fist through it.

It amazes how much this episode was constructed to feel like a series finale. The whole thing was paced to bring the characters to what seemed like closure--all the dirty laundry was aired, the Cylons and humans (more or less) made up, Laura seems okay with Baltar, we arrived at Earth amongst much fanfare. Had this really been the series finale, the last minute of apocalyptic Earth-then-cut-to-black would have been the biggest "Fuck You!" in TV history. :lol:

I'm so damn pissed that we have to wait more than six months to get the rest. I have literally no idea how they can get 12 more episodes out of this...none at all.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

^ Cause there are still a lot of things to answer, like who the 5th cylon is, how are the final 5 connected to Earth, what does the opera house mean, how are the hybrids tied into everything, who built Kara's viper, where did the signal come from, etc....

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode. BSG's track record of ending the mid-season or season on a high note remains untarnished.

I was very surprised when they found Earth so early. But I wasn't surprised at all that it was a devastated Earth. Ever since it was announced that they would eventually find Earth I was expecting a Foundation and Earth style far future empty ruined Earth, though this one seems more livable.

12. Dr. Chandra

Dr. Chandra Captain Captain

Excellent episode!

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

I was almost afraid Adama was going to say it...LOL! So, BSG is based in the far future. I always wondered what the timeline was compared to ours.

And, yeah, Tory sure has turned into a bitch since she found out she's a cylon.

I did wonder how Deanna become the basestar boss suddenly.

Great episode, though. I wish we didn't have to wait until next year to see what happens. :scream:

13. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Even though I haven't been watching much the last 2 seasons, I gave this schizophrenic mess an Excellent. Not because of the 4 coming out to the rest of the fleet, or the lack of any reconnaissance of Earth, but because the final scene was such an appropriate metaphor for what Ron has done to the Battlestar Galactica story.

14. MadBaggins

MadBaggins Captain Captain

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Irvy

Irvy Commander Red Shirt

There's still a lot of questions. Assuming this is our Earth, we don't know if this is our civilization lying in ruins, or a civilization predating ours, with the resolution being the founding of our civilization, with the 2 cylon hybrid children being Adam and Eve.

The 5th cylon still could be in the fleet, as D'Anna could be lying, or could have been on the base ship at the time, or could be someone who's previously died.

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

For once, I completely agree with Madbaggins.

I voted excellent, just because it was. And can we give a hand to Bear McCreary for again, composing some beautiful music throughout the entire episode.

17. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Well the fact that there was nothing distinguishable in the landmasses or skyline to indicate it was our earth may be important and was no accident.

Lots of questions still to be answered.

I enjoyed it, except I think Adama should have been a little more cautious at the end. After all, you announce to everyone the journey is over and we are at earth without checking it out? You jump in and no space stations or ships to investigate come out? You as military commander don't find that suspicious?

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Don't worry folks, the rest of the planet isn't like that. Expect the Cloverfield monster to appear in the first couple of minutes of 4x11. :)

19. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

Okay, that I can believe.

20. anti-matter

anti-matter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^really now and you honestly don't believe a survey was made prior to their landing? Hell they can't show everything in 43min....sometimes when watching sci-fi you have to make a leap of faith that they competently did all the boring necessary stuff to make thing happen.

edit Whoops just say'en, I forget who I responding too, it certainly wasn't to Emh

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008