Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

You don't think getting to Earth was a shock in itself? Theres still 10 (or 12?) episodes left, I totally didnt see that coming.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I don't want to wait until 2009 :(

3. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow...just wow. :O What an unbelieveable episode. I voted excellent.

They really ran the gaunlet episode. We see the emotional arrival to Earth, something we never got to see in the original BSG. Beautifully done scene and then we get the epilogue, devastation on Earth. No words but top-notch acting done by everyone. I think it was the look from Leoben that I liked the most. For once, the spiritual Cylon doesn't have the answer.

It may have been the end from Planet of the Apes but they couldn't have pulled it off any better. And if they are going the Planet of the Apes route, I say bring on the mutants! :techman:

Seriously though, a great half-season and January (or March or April) is too far to wait.

4. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

Yes, I care. I think it's very interesting that Three said that only Four were in the fleet. Where's the Final Cylon?

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I did kind of feel though that the whole "We're at Earth montage" felt a bit 'fake' in a way, I half expected someone to wake up and say it was all a dream, a 'what if' dream, or a vision, seriously, it didn't quite feel real somehow.

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

And who made that frakking Viper and sent the signal! errr, I want answers!

7. Emh

Two things I forgot to add:

I loved how Tori told Roslin (verbatim) "Perhaps you should consider what else you've been wrong about." :D

The shot of Kat after discovering Earth. I almost lost it again at that point. :(

8. Quo Vadimus

Quo Vadimus Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy Mother, that was intense!

I need to watch it again but, I am going to vote it 'Excellent.'

At least nobody got shot this time.

Olmos and Hogan, oh man. Tigh standing tall in the airlock and Adama on the floor crying. Give 'em both Emmy Awards. Incredible!

Lee Adama became a man today. He didn't whine, he just got things done.

I loved the little 'nod' Tyrol gave to Tigh as he stood alone in the airlock. It's the little things like that which make BSG so great. Bravo cast and crew, I await the back ten like the dog Baltar was blabbing about. Give the word, Ron. I want my treat NOW!

9. Teldune Arcania

Teldune Arcania Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Best episode of BSG yet.

10. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

It did feel unusual... because it was. There's never been such an overt celebratory sequence on BSG, the only one that came close was the teaser for Pegasus. To be honest, I thought it was going to end with that.... and while I was happy for the characters, I was thinking.... nooo.... dont end on a happy note! I want a cliffhanger of DOOOM.... and then I got it... and kinda wished I kept my mouth shut. I suppose I should have expected nothing less than that final bleak vision of the future.

11. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the final Cylon was one of the humans on the basestar?

12. romulus

romulus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wish they would of show the Statue of liberty that would have given me a good laugh. All that trouble to be "un-cliché" and then go over the top like that would have been awesome. :lol:

Seriously I was actually hoping for something obvious to place them on some Earth city, like a golden gate bridge, Eiffel Tower, that weird opera house in Sydney, something. I would have given it an exilent rating then.

Still a good episode but above average because there is still so many answered questions. Like some others, I too figured Earth would be a ruin and uninhabited. Was kind of obvious when they did not get a hail from Earth asking what the fuck they are doing there, when they first jumped to Earth orbit.

Another big question for me at least, other than the final cylon, is what is BSG humanity's relation to Earth? Is it the real home world or is some other place like the show seemed to suggest at the beginning and did they leave and/or forget about Earth for so long because of a nuclear holocaust or something like that?

I guess the rest of the cylons will find Earth eventually too so that will provide drama for the rest of the season along with the tension of the survivors getting along with the rebel cylons. Should be an interesting last part of the season.

13. Emh

Yeah, Lee kicked major ass tonight. I loved the scene with his dad during his breakdown.

Yeah, that was an awesome little touch.

That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I found a clue to the fifth:

At the end, in the brief clips for what's to come in the Final Revelation, a voice says "We are the fifth" WE are the fifth, hrmmmm, who is WE?

15. Kaijufan

Why doesn't one of the hostages being a final five make sense? At that point I doubt D'Anna considered her basestar to be part of the fleet.
    We have no idea exactly how many people the Galactica had on the basestar (though we do know it was half of their pilots).

16. Emh

It doesn't make sense because Three knows who the Five are and would pull that person out of the group of hostages.

Besides, the way Three said "there are only Four in the fleet" says to me that she knows who everyone amongst the fleet are and that the Final Cylon is not among them.

17. Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley Commodore Commodore

Definitely one of the best episodes of the series. Excellent.

Things I loved: Tigh's confession and near airlocking, Adama's breakdown. Just some absolutely stunning work by Hogan and Olmos. Adama's collapse was just so gut-wrenchingly real. It was awful to see the Old Man in that state, but totally realistic as to how he got there. Feeling betrayed by his oldest friend was just the final straw, and all the built-up pressures of years of being the backbone for all that remains of humanity were finally just too much. Wonderful work by Jamie Bamber in that scene as well as Apollo desperately tries to pull his father back from the brink.

Did anyone else think we might have heard a gunshot when Adama left Lee and Laura for those few minutes? I wasn't sure if he was ever coming back. It felt like forever.

Also thought Baltar once again had some great moments as he pleaded with Deanna, and when he thanked Roslin for "not murdering him". Just cannot say enough about this stellar cast. They really are all capable of totally blowing me away at any given moment.

I liked that Starbuck's magic Viper woke up and called to the Four...sort of a throwback to the music being "in the frakking ship". Hmmm...maybe it really was in the frakking ship! Hmmm...

Anyway...the ending. This was complicated for me. A month or two ago I quite accidentally came across a spoiler on another site regarding the ending of the first half of the season. At the time I dismissed it as just fan rumor mongering (after yelling at my computer for a few minutes for being so dense as to expose me to a potential huge spoiler), because the finale seemed so far in the future at that point. When I realized that the fleet was going to actually reach Earth (or at least what they know as/think is Earth), that damned spoiler popped back into my head, and sure enough it was exactly right, down to the detail of Adama picking up the handful of radioactive (?) soil. So it was sort of messed up for me and took me out of the moment. Not the fault of the show of course, my own fault for not being more careful about what I was reading back in March or whenever it was. Some beautiful FX work in those scenes of the fleet in orbit and the recon ships descending through the atmosphere. BSG's FX crew regularly produces some absolutely fantastic work that really gives such an amazing sense of kinetic energy. Nobody does atmospheric flight better than those guys.

I can't help but think this is not truly the end of the journey for humanity. 10 (12?) episodes remaining is simply too much time to spend simply on the "Who's the last Cylon" game. Perhaps they'll find a clue that leads them elsewhere, either on "Earth" or to another world. They seemed to go quite out of their way to obscure the land masses in the shots of Earth. All we really saw was lot's of beautiful blue ocean and clouds. Maybe that just means that their "Earth" is not the same planet as ours. Maybe not the same universe. (Hell, maybe it's that 20th century Rome Earth from "Bread and Circuses"!) But someone gave Starbuck that shiny new Viper with the super-sensitive receiver that picks up Colonial distress calls that no other ship can hear. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I just gotta think that there's still some pretty big stuff that we're going to see in the second half of the season. I sure as hell can't wait.

Again, awesome episode. I'd rate it super-duper-excellent but I think it's stuck at Excellent due to the shockingly complete lack of Doc Cottle.

18. Kaijufan

Maybe she did pull the final five out of the group when they were about to space everybody. It was pretty chaotic with the Centurions rounding up everyone and sending them towards an airlock, they could of separated someone from the herd.

It does seem like something D'Anna would do, she seems like the type who would keep an ace up her sleeve.

Or it could be someone who hasn't even been on the show yet. I guess we'll find out next year.

19. Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley Commodore Commodore

I have to watch that again!

"We are the fifth"? The fifth what? The Fifth Race? The Tau'ri are the Fifth Race! Maybe they're going to find a Stargate down there. OMG!

(Sorry...fanboy wank attack...)

20. anti-matter

anti-matter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I liked it so much I'm gonna see it again...why not?