Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, she does have more personality now for sure. :D

I don't think Moore would do something that cliched. Unless he was doing an homage to Planet of the Apes.

2. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Just a few more hours and it will be on! I cant wait to see it!

3. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Simply Excellent!

Did anyone else notice Dualla was on Earth with the Landing party while everyone else there was either a cylon or very important human?

I think that was a hint towards her being the final cylon.

4. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think thats a bit of a reach. Deanna has seen them all - why would she emphasize that there are only 4 in the fleet? At best I think it's actually more of a hint that the final cylon was amongst the humans on the base ship (and hence not 'in the fleet') and the best candidate there is Baltar IMO.

5. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As soon as I heard the geiger counter and the bleak background I was actually repeating out loud "please not the statue of liberty" until the credits rolled. :lol:

6. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't grade this right now, that final 5 minutes was such an emotional centrifuge I can't think straight. Elation... depression... the shock that they actually got to Earth already? I can't believe what I just saw.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

So I guess we are in the future?

I bet the 12 colonies originated from Earth, as well as the 5 Cylons

I still wonder about the Viper though, where did it come from???????????? No one is there on EArth to have built it?

8. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

An easy Excellent

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Yeah really, Excellent all around, I can't believe they actually put us at Earth mid-season! But I want to know what happened! And I want to know where the Viper came from!!!!

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. No shocks or surprises. A dead earth is exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for something truly amazing. Didn't get it.

Voted average.

11. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Interesting. So, Sky-Net did win after all and they are all terminators, but just think they're cylons.

12. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

Absolutely bloody fucking fantastic.

Michael Hogan and Edward James Olmos are fucking GODS! Both Tigh's confession and Adama's subsequent breakdown had me in tears.

As for the rest of the episode, I'm still riding on the fumes, but it was intense from the very beginning to the very end. Lee's standoff with Three was particularly well down. For the briefest of moments, I was convinced he was going to space Tigh.

And they have found Earth. Lo and behold it's a desolate, cold, dead world. Not much of a surprise for me. Of course, it's devastating for them and I loved the final camera shot showing all of their reactions. Pure brilliance.

The lingering question is: What now?

One final thought: Did anyone else notice PETER LAIRD in the hangar deck?! That was awesome! :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  13. amdmiami

amdmiami Commander Red Shirt

The best episode of this season so far. The suspense and tension was great and this was one of the few episodes that actually held my attention the whole way through this season. The ending though has to be the biggest clif hanger in the history of T.V. I think Earth went through some intense nuclear war that left all the people dead. 2009 is a damn long time to wait for a conclusion.

14. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It didn't look like New York to me, more like a colonial ruin.

As for the episode, I loved how they did a series-finale type fake out.

15. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

To be honest (in a silly sense), that's exactly what I expected. Either that or a Monolith. :lol:

16. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the biggest question from the beginning hasn't been about Earth, but about who the hell head six represents. They're the ones who have been pulling the strings from the background the whole times.

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yes, this is the easiest 'excellent' I've given.

Highlights include...

- The four Cylons getting outsed.

- Finding out that the last of the final five isn't in the fleet.

- Earth. The end of a journey. That whole scene was spectacular. It captured the spirit of Battlestar Galactica, and yes, that includes the original series. Lorne Greene would have been proud.

18. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Show's over.

Really, anything after this is AFTERMASH. :p

I thought Lee was gonna keep taking clothes off during the celebration.

Hopefully Dr. Zee will explain what happened to Earth. Break out the flying motorcycles!

19. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What a great episode. It would of even worked as a series finale (as long as they threw in who the final Cylon was, which I'm sure they would of if it was the finale), though I'm glad we're going to get another 12 episodes to solve the final Cylon issue, what they're going to do next, and who fixed up Kara's Viper.

20. anti-matter

anti-matter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just really appreciated how that hasty alliance was put together for one thing. For another did any one else feel that Tori was being characteristically ... 'a bitch'? and for what reason?

Finally do we even care who the remaining Cylon is? All in all just about the best show ever.