Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I wish you had a sixth option this week which would be "interesting" because that is how I would describe it. I don't think it was the best episode I've ever seen in my life, or even on the level of excellent but it was actually really cool seeing things come together and then the final shot circulating around only with a sense going into the break of where do they go from here. It did seem like some of the architecture reminded me of the architecture in Kobol's Last Gleaming and I did notice someone mentioned a Temple, which I think refers back to Home.

Other notes about this episode since I'm moving out today and don't want to do a long review:

- Loved the scene when Tigh telling Adama and watching Adama's breakdown. That was some of the best character work all season IMO.

-This was a very good episode for Lee. I felt Lee has been regulated to the back lately (Other with exploits with Romo) and it was great that he was the one calling the Shots.

-Does anyone thing that maybe Admiral Adama might be the dying leader? I ask because he seemed to reopen old wounds (In the heart section) and I think that was a mild heart attack. Given that he has been shot close to there before, I wonder if now this makes him the dying leader.

-I'm still wondering where Head Six is. She was really annoying in Season 1, but now when we need her and need an explaination about who or what she is, she's no where to be seen.

-That shot with the fleet aimed towards "earth" (We don't know if this is the real earth so that's why the quotation is there) was awesome

-Loved the cheers going to disappointment in the final scene.

I might come up with more later, but so far going into another break, I'm more mystified and intrigued, than gut wrenched, which I think Moore had intended. It's going to be a long break (Again) but this does give us something to talk about. I do think though that for an episode called "revelations" they could have revealed more, because what was revealed in this one we knew. It was just awesome watching the fleet realize it and it felt like the reveal of the 4 was fresh and new to the audience as well.

I gave it Above Average but it really could have gone either way between that and excellent.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure it's Earth. If it's not, then it's right next door to Earth, and it'll be mightily embarrassing that they went through all that heartache (and that they expended all that elation) because they were off by ten light years to the left.

4. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

If all this is true, though, it could be part of the reason they're willing to expand the series finale by two hours.

5. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

It would be incredibly lame if it's not Earth. That said, I think it's Earth. Real. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Wow. Just finished watching the streaming feed.... All I can say for now is wow. I'm going to reserve my comments for after tonights showing (need to watch it again and digest it some more). Voted Excellent.

Q2

7. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the streaming feed even though I haven't seen last week's episode yet due to Sci-Fi's infinite wisdom in delaying a new episode being posted on the website 8 days after it airs. I guess I'll get to The Hub in the next few days. I don't mind watching it out of order since I'm currently without SCi-Fi channel and I just don't want to wait another week to see it. I gave it an excellent.

It sucks about Earth. Is it all a wasteland? It looked pretty alive from orbit so perhaps parts of it are fine. Or better than what we're lead to believe. I just loved the look on everyone's faces as they looked upon the dark soil and the ruins of a city. They looked shocked that they had spent so much effort in getting there and it all seemed a waste. The entire cast did a good job there.

Much praise goes to Olmos and Hogan who acted their asses off here. The scene where Tigh confesses that he's a Cylon to Adama was awesome. Both actors really nailed it. One of the best scenes on the show so far.

Why is the picture on the streaming feed all squashed? It looked like shit.

8. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

The picture was fine on my end.

Anyone notice Tyrol laughing in the background. Has he gone through so much that it's all he can do now is just laugh at life? He had a similar reaction to being arrested earlier in the episode.

9. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just saw that part. Loved it. It's right after the Six (tigh-six?) walks by him. Would love to get inside that guy's head to see what finally triggered that. A very nice shot for the cast.

10. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he's been through so much (then again, who hasn't on this show), that he's just like "Fuck it. Priceless. Why not?"

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

If there was a rating one notch higher than excellent, I would pick it. IMHO, this is the best episode since the evacuation/battle sequence of Exodus Part II. Brought tears to my eyes in several scenes and had me saying "holy shit" in several others. One amazing way of ending this half of the season. Kudos to all involved.

12. Warp Core Breach

Warp Core Breach Commodore Commodore

There's hardly any way this couldn't be an excellent. The ending was truly something to behold.

13. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

The whole episode was great! SOrry to say this, but this would have been better as a 90 min episode!

My only regret is that we didn't get a real chance to see Cylon Tigh in command of Galactica

14. Warp Core Breach

Absolutely. They managed to cram a lot of "revelations" into 42 minutes. I wonder how much was left on the cutting room floor this time? But I have no complaints at all. Somehow, it worked and the pacing wasn't noticeably disturbed. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

15. 01100011

01100011 Ensign Newbie

Am I the only one who sat there thinking "Are they in Iowa or something? Oh, there's a car! Hey, that kinda looks like Manhattan. Oh, yeah, there's the Brooklyn Bridge. Holy crap." ?

16. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline.

The only thing I thought was a bit lame was Kara running through the Galactica to get to Lee and tell him about the Viper and the colonial signal coming from Earth. Why not call him? It just seemed unnecessary. On, well not that big of a deal.

Oh and Tory has turned into a real bitch since she became aware that she was Cylon.

17. Warp Core Breach

Another favorite part that I don't think has been mentioned: The look on D'Anna's face at the end as she approaches Roslin and Adama. It seems like she's reaching out to them for answers now, and all of the other Cylons (except for the laughing dejected Tyrol :) ) seem equally lost.

18. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True... but I like her even more because of it. Strange that, or maybe not all that strange cause I'm also one of the few around who still like Roslin. I get over all where she's coming from and can grasp why she does what she does. Though I think she's a changed person as she reaches the end of her life.

I can see how this could have functioned as a series final but am also glad we'll get to explore the repercussions of what has been discovered here. Bet the series final flashes forward.

Oh, Dee is now off my list of Final Five suspects (was Geata on the surface?) she's had contact with Three. My new leaning is the last Cylon is the one who revived Kara, set her up with the cool vipers and has been pulling the strings from afar. Whomever it is ties in to the virtual-people.

Sharr

19. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

Possible, but I hope not. Why does almost every post-apocalyptic movie or TV show have to use the New York skyline? I would think Ron Moore would be a little more original than that.

20. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Maybe he did LA! After all, that is where he works!