Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Luke Lightsaber

Luke Lightsaber Captain

At the end of Season 3 Earth looked pristine. But at the end of this it's destroyed. What happened?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Nothing happened, because they're not on Earth. :techman:

Excellent episode. It would have been a terrible series finale, however. Thank goodness we'll be getting more--even if we won't see it for at least six more months. :scream:

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It looked fine from orbit here too.

4. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well by definition the 2,3,6 and 8 models (except Boomer) have made peace with the colonials.

It is fairly obvious that the 4s and 5s will come around - only the Cavils won't and will meet some sticky end.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Vice Admiral Admiral

Had to look it up, but Marvel's was '72. Was Doctor Who being aired in the states back then?

So long as those annoying servant androids went with them...!

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved seeing the faces of them on Earth and especially Tyrols ironic laugh in the background.

7. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

I'm pretty sure the concept of a "twin earth" running on the same orbit is older than '66 or '72.

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ Yeah, wasn't there a movie back in the 50's based on that idea?

9. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Here is the section from the Battlestar Wiki:

The Dying Leader

Elosha: "And the lords anointed a leader to guide the Caravan of the Heavens to their new homeland." (The Hand of God)

Elosha: She also wrote that the new leader suffered a wasting disease and would not live to enter the new land. (The Hand of God)

Roslin: The scriptures tell us a dying leader lead humanity to the promised land. (Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I)

After reading this again, even if the planet is Earth, it may not be the "promised land".

10. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

This would make sense based on the finale. It is Earth that they found, but they have to go somewhere else, which they rename "Earth". That new "Earth" is our Earth.

11. The Old Mixer

Having rewatched, went ahead and gave it an "Excellent". Had to remind myself that on this scale, that represents the entire "A" range, so it doesn't have to be an A+. Thank EJO.

12. Scatter

Scatter Captain Captain

christ, i hope not. my lameometre exploded just reading that idea...

13. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but I don't know how they can avoid it and maintain continuity with Pythia's prophecy about the dying leader not living to enter the promised land, unless the "promised land" is a specific part of the Earth that they found.

14. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

I went back to the end of the show and looked at the planet again. The land they were flying over could have been Florida, but with all clouds blocking the rest of the shot it could have been anywhere.

While looking around the 'net I found some comments made by Moore about last season's finale where he was backing away from the strict interpretation of prophecy. He said everything may not apply to the current situation.

So where does that leave us? The planet might be Earth, or it might not. The dying leader prophecy might be true, or it might not. I guess we will have to wait until February.:brickwall:

15. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

According to Pythia and the Sacred Scrolls, Kobol is the actual homeworld of humanity, while Earth is just another colony.

So, where does this leave us (regarding literal interpretations of prophecies etc.)?

16. The Old Mixer

^Is it? I thought all the Pythia scripture talked about Kobol being the place where man and the gods briefly lived together in harmony--implying that man came from somewhere else before that.

17. Ensign_Redshirt

According to the Battlestar Wiki, Elosha said in "Kobol's Last Gleaming":

"This place is Kobol... birthplace of mankind, where the gods and men lived in paradise until the exodus of the thirteen tribes."

18. The Old Mixer

^In that case, should we take their creation myths to be any more literal than our own? Or could we rationalize that "mankind" and "the human race" aren't strictly the same thing?

Hopefully, time and about 12 more TV hours will tell.

19. Ensign_Redshirt

Regarding the whole "dying leader" thing: Maybe Roslin was supposed to die in the middle of Season 2. But since she received that "blood donation" from Hera her life was prolonged... something which hadn't been foreseen by Pythia.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  20. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

The old hybrid in "Razor", siad in his prophecy that "then they will reach the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel". "They" would be "the 7, now 6, self-declared machines" that he mentioned a sentence before that (they would know bitterness, enmity, etc).

So, all but one of the models will probably reach "the promised land" in the end (which may only mean that they will enter in peace with the humans and the other Cylons, as far as we know). But which one is left out? It actually may not be the Cavils because
    Lucy Lawless was apparently only going to appear for 3 episodes, the final one being the first after the break (sometimes a great notion) - the last episode that was filmed before the strike. So, it looks like its exit D'Anna and if so, that's the last 3 in the universe which leaves a place for Cavil