Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

Oh, so it's Mondas! Watch out for the Cybermen! :D

2. Luke Lightsaber

Luke Lightsaber Captain

We didn't see any planets because the fleet jumped in behind the planet.

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Clean Old Mod Moderator

Some have been seriously suggesting that....

Sounds like either Marvel or Doctor Who has been copying the other....

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

A couple things of note:

After Tigh found out Caprica Six was pregnant, shouldn't there have been some sort of scene between the two of them before the end of Revelations? Maybe of him revealing himself to be a Cylon to her?

And speaking of the ending, is that the first time Caprica Six and Baltar were in the same scene together since she boarded Galactica? She was in love with him, and now she's with Tigh. Would've expected something more.

5. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Something I caught the second time during the final scene. While everyone is looking miserable on Earth, you can see Tyrol in the background of one of the shots.... and he's got a sarcastic grin on his face and lets out a little chuckle.

6. Yassim

Yassim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the same thing. But did the Prophecy say that exactly? I remember a dying leader... was it explicitly said that the dying leader wouldn't reach Earth? Or did we fill that in, with the Moses allegory?

This occured to me too. The final shot of Season 3 was so definitively Earth, with the visual cues. If they wanted us to believe that this planet is Earth, they needed to give us something similarly visual and unmistakable. They didn't, so either this isn't Earth, they screwed up or ... they're f-ing with us.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Won't happen.

Good points.

8. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NO WAY!!! - I ran outside and looked in the sky - I didn't see any of the ships of the fleet. Looked again this morning, still nothing.

:lol::lol::lol:

9. Emh

Emh The Doctor Premium Member

I don't know when Marvel did it, but Doctor Who did it wwaaaayyy back in 1966. :D

I'm sure both of those will be addressed in the episodes coming ahead. There just wasn't enough time in this episode.

10. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

So, the Western Alliance and the Eastern Alliance destroyer each other? Suhweet. :rommie:

11. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As soon as I saw the geiger counter, I said "they're going to have to move on, they can't live there". I now think Earth is somewhere on the way, not the final destination. They will need something that can only be found there. Perhaps the goal of Earth as intended to bring the reconciliation of the two species, and now they are supposed to move on to somewhere else together. The leader (whomever that person might turn out to be) might still die before they make it. Roslin can't be the "dying leader", because she's no longer the leader. The whole prophecy is thrown on it's ear. Who will be the leader when they reach their final destination?
    BTW, could the signal be from Starbuck's original Viper?
    I think the Cylon civil war was the lynch pin that changed the "all this has happened before..." prophecy. In past occourances, it must have always been Cylon vs Man to the bitter end. This time, a Cylon faction cross-pollinates with the humans, changing the equation. It will be interesting to see how the higher power that is obviously orchestrating all this will respond.
    Also: While I've seen Trek Captains loose it totally, I've never seen one drool before. Even during Benny Russell's breakdown. I wonder if Olmos alerted Bamber that he was going to do that?

12. Luke Lightsaber

Luke Lightsaber Captain

Maybe the fifth Cylon will turn out to be the one who comes and shows the fleet where the humans went?

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

After watching last night's episode, I started having similar thoughts. I looked over the Pythia and Saced Scrolls entries at Battlestar Wiki a few minutes ago and realized something. At no point has the Prophecy or the Scrolls referred to Earth as the promised land; that was an assumption made by the Colonials, simply because it was the missing and mythical Thirteenth Colony.

As such, I don't think Earth is the promised land. This may simply be another stop on the way to their final destination, as Kobol, New Caprica, and the algae planet were stops on the way to Earth. I think this notion is supported by the fact that Roslin hasn't died yet, whom I do believe is the leader -- so far, after all, she is the only one who has a "wasting disease." And she is the leader again, for good or worse; Lee was simply an Acting President until her return.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Think that means back to the colonies?

15. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Or Mars!

Maybe we'll get that Kim Stanley Robinson Sci-Fi adaption after all. :D

16. Luke Lightsaber

Luke Lightsaber Captain

Well, Adama was right. He said there was no Earth, yet no one listened to him. He's the final Cylon!

17. PsychoPere

I'd be more inclined to head back to Kobol, instead, since there's no concern about radiation there. That said, I suppose there's no reason the fleet couldn't settle on the least damaged colony world and start rebuilding. There aren't enough people left for more than one planet, after all.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The Cylons are still there, though, and those ones have not made a treaty with Galactica. Just the one baseship has.

19. PsychoPere

I assume you mean at the Colonies. If so, you're forgetting that the Cylons left the Colonies in "Let Down Your Burdens" when they adopted the Boomer/Caprica Six plan to try to live in peace with the Colonials. If you meant Kobol, there was never any indication any additional Cylon forces arrived there after the Boomer/Racetrack nuke mission.

20. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

unfortunately we don't know enough about colonial history to make an informed guess as to the ultimate meaning of it all yet. we're not even sure what the time frame is in earth terms - how long has it been since the earth destroyed itself? Could it be that the colonials are the people of earth who left long ago?