Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

84.1%
  2. Above Average

11.2%
  3. Average

3.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x10, "Revelations". This brings us to the halfway point in Battlestar Galactica's final run of episodes. It's also a season finale since the show won't be back for a while. Spoilers ahead...

After nine episodes of waiting and build-up, I think it's time for some surprises and perhaps a few answers. So far we've seen Starbuck's mysterious return and subsequent search for Earth (which I think fizzled out), Lee's politicking in a suit & tie, a Cylon civil war, Roslin's condition deteriorating, four Cylons living in secret trying to decide what to do about it, and the return of an old enemy. This episode will hopefully give us some payoff on at least a few of those issues along with a good cliffhanger or two at the end. I don't think they called this episode "Revelations" for nothing.

Here's a little of what we can expect...

"A band of rebel Cylons holds President Roslin hostage while attempting to lure the Final Five out of hiding inside the Galactica and the human fleet."

[​IMG]

Now on with the show...

2. Agent Richard07

This thread is going up a few days early for those who will be attending tomorrow's screening in L.A. with the cast.

Also, I was careful not to call this episode the mid-season finale. I read somewhere that according to Aaron Douglas, the next ten episodes will be known as "Season 5". I don't know if this will actually be the case. I guess time will tell.

3. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

Why now? Why have 2.0 and 2.5, then now instead of 4.0 and 4.5, make it 4 and 5?

4. Agent Richard07

Looks like we have 100% Excellent so far. :bolian:
    When I heard about this, I thought it was so they could squeeze out a new season to be eligible for awards one last time. Then I did a quick search and found this. It's a page that mentions what Aaron Douglas said. Then there's a comment that follows suggesting that a show needs at least 12 episodes to be considered for something big like the Emmys. Like I said though, I don't know if the whole 'season 5' thing is even accurate.

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be me. :techman:

6. Garak

Garak I Will Not Bow To Any Sponsor Premium Member

Was it everything you dreamed it to be STC?

7. Samuel T. Cogley

I loved every second of it.

My disgustingly spoiler heavy review is up.

And I'll review the whole evening a bit later.

It was a blast. Geek heaven. :D

8. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Must...resist...spoiler... thread...

9. Samuel T. Cogley

Yeah, please do. I feel like a crack dealer.

10. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

do you have photos from the night, Cogley?

11. Samuel T. Cogley

I do. I'm going to try to post them with my review of the evening.

12. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was pretty good. A few nitpicks about it all. But, that's more of a problem with the season and not the individual episode. All in all, very good. Going to excellent it before I have too much time to think about it.

13. Agent Richard07

Four votes already. Did at least five people here attend the L.A. screening?

14. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Scifi has been streaming the entire episode for nearly two hours now.

15. Agent Richard07

^ Oh, okay.

16. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was awesome and makes me wonder where does this leave them all now? You get the sense as they stand there Cylon and human alike reevaluates all they think they know.

Hmm and the "pare offs" in the last shot - I notice Caprica-Six stood with Saul, Tory with Anders.

This is also the first time its been stated outright that that some... force is pulling the strings.

Sharr

17. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

Did anyone else think that they were standing in the ruins of the Temple of Aurora? Perhaps someone could provide screencaps for comparison.

18. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, we didn't good look at the Temple of Aurora. Lee had opened it to the picture of the City of the Gods on Kobol with the Opera House in the middle, but he turned the page by the time Starbuck came over to see what he was looking at. And before anyone compliments me on my freaky-fast eyes, I had to watch that part twice since Sci-Fi's stream froze fifteen minutes in the first time I tried, and was looking extra close since I'd noticed he was looking at the Kobol drawing the first time.

19. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

Good catch. I knew it looked similar, but I thought he was looking at a picture of the Temple of Aurora. In the ruins, there seemed to be several obvious dome-type pieces that reminded me of the image.

20. The Super Brando

The Super Brando Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

HOLY CRAP! I just now got done watching, and oh man, I'm just sitting here blown out of my mind! Oh wow!