Spoilers Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Mar 17, 2016.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

4.5%
  2. A

10.5%
  3. A-

10.5%
  4. B+

14.1%
  5. B

11.8%
  6. B-

5.9%
  7. C+

7.7%
  8. C

10.0%
  9. C-

6.4%
  10. D+

6.8%
  11. D

5.0%
  12. D-

3.6%
  13. F

3.2%
  1. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Worst Supporting Actor, twice.

There you go, the DCEU: Turning Oscar Nominees into Razzie Nominees.

2. LJones41

LJones41 Captain Captain

For years I've wondered if the Golden Razzies were full of s**t. Now I know that they are.

Jax likes this.
  3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Only one nomination for Ghostbusters and no nominations for X-Men Apocalypse. Even with JLaw's phoned in performance, Oscar Issac's terrible Apocalypse. Did everyone forget about last year's X-Men film?

Haha. Most likely.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

The Razzies mean nothing except for people who need their opinions on something to be validated by someone else.

Many of the worst actors they name each year didn't even give bad performances, but because the movie was bad that's more than enough for them because then they don't have to think about it. Mel Gibson outclassed and outacted everyone else in The Expendables 3 combined, and they nominated him that year.

They're not even required to watch the movie they vote on, and go after mainstream films and easy targets for the purpose of publicity. And for $40, you too can vote.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Razzies are a joke, have been for years.

6. Ovation

Ovation Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't that kinda the point?

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it definitely deserves them. Its definitely the only kind of award that BvS deserves to sweep.

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You couldn't have figured out that they were sh*t just based on the concept alone?

This entire thing is one big example of somebody with nothing better to occupy their life sitting around and deciding "I think I'll make an arse of myself by making fun of movies and the people who spend months/years of their lives working on them for no other reason than that I think it'll be funny".

It's utter stupidity at its most visible, and the best thing anyone could do would be to treat it for what it is and pay it no mind whatsoever.

Unfortunately, that's not the world we live in. :(

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

They're hecklers who only heckle if others are already doing it. Only they aren't even at the club watching the act when they do their heckling.

10. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

I know the opinion on BvS was divided, but I thought it tended more towards meh, than outright horrible.

11. Foxhot

Foxhot Commodore Commodore

My dad's cremated remains outclassed and outacted everyone else in the entire EXPENDABLES trilogy combined, Gibson perhaps most of all. And they should have nominated everyone in the godforsaken talentless bunch.

12. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the most important thing about the Razzies is that they're a minor reminder of what a gigantic circle-jerk the Oscars are. If Hollywood can get together every year and congratulate each other on how great they are, I don't think it's out of line to have a "worst of" equivalent. (And one that has the same flaws and biases that the Oscars themselves have.)

13. urbandefault

urbandefault Commodore Commodore

This is why I avoid awards shows like the frickin' plague. :techman:

14. dodge

dodge Commodore Commodore

Yeah, me too.
    Well, that and I don't ever get invited. :D

15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like to watch them for the show part, so it depends largely on the host whether I'll tune in or not.

16. Commander Richard

Commander Richard A Trump Brand Premium Member

The Oscars is an industry award. They're supposed to be congradulating each other. It's about peers reviewing each other's work. It's not the People's Choice Awards.

As for the Razzies, a joke is one thing but Worst Actor for Ben Affleck who was one of the best versions of Batman ever? That's where the joke is lost on me.

Anwar and Turtletrekker like this.
  17. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I still wonder how low hanging fruit like JLaw's Mystique and Eisenberg's Lex Luthor escaped being nominated for razzies.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, Eisenberg was nominated.

19. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but that doesn't mean they have to exist. There are heaps of industries where people work a lot harder and are better at their jobs that those filmmakers, and they don't hold multiple yearly awards for themselves.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have awards shows, I'm just saying they're totally unnecessary. So for me, the Razzies are no more or less needed than the Oscars.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

This was a bad movie. It deserves to be recognized as such.