Barry Lynch & Richard Lynch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Melakon, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

I know they're brothers, Barry appearing first in "Face of the Enemy", and then Richard in "Gambit".

I sort of wonder if Barry, after his gig, called his brother and said "Hey, see if you can get a Star Trek, it's great!"

I was glad when Richard showed up on TNG because I'd admired his work for over 20 years at that point.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's funny reading that they cast Richard Lynch in Gambit despite his career in schlock movies. If I see him in something else (such as MST3K's Werewolf episode), he's always Baran to me.

I had no idea those two were brothers. Richard definitely got all the "cool voice" genes.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

I always thought of Richard as the guy you'd get for a villain if Anthony Zerbe was unavailable. Lynch's bad guys were great, because he'd play them big. I first remember seeing him in an early 70s R-rated sex and violence film called Open Season with Peter Fonda and Cornelia Sharpe, a variation on the story "The Most Dangerous Game". Just to be clear, he's the big bad guy.

ETA: Checking IMDB, that was his 3rd film, in 1974. I also saw his first two films, both released in 1973, Scarecrow and The Seven-Ups.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. publiusr

publiusr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He made for a great heavy.

Of course, if it was David Lynch, we'd see Kyle MacLachlan in fields of wheat, I mean Quadrotriticale.

Did you ever really look at a tribble....