Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I'm not holding my breath for the Ant-Man movie, it's already been eight now and it's still been made.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

For me, this is getting too many films. Antman, Guardian, possibly Black Widow and Hawkeye films, in addition to the established franchises from Iron Man to Thor... Whew.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    There are no more films in Phase Two of the MCU rollout then there were for Phase One

Phase One
    1. Iron Man
    2. Iron Man2
    3. The Incredible Hulk
    4. Captain America
    5. Thor
    6. The Avengers

Phase Two
    1. Iron Man 3
    2. Thor: Dark World
    3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    4. Ant-Man
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy
    6. Avengers 2

There will not be a Black Widow or Hawkeye solo film, which has prompted your "too many" statement. At least not as part of Phase Two. If they happen it'll be part of Phase Three and not start filming till, at the earliest, mid/late 2015.
    The first film of Phase Two, IM3, started filming a week or two before Avengers opened if I recall correctly.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I suppose one could argue the gap from beginning to end of Phase 1 - IM1 and Avengers - was four years. Whereas the gap for Phase 2 - IM3 and Avengers 2 - is only two years.

Not that I'm complaining however.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Fair enough. But that's 12 films in, hm, 10 years? If that were Star Trek, people would shout "franchise fatigue" pretty soon.

7. Captain Craig

^^^
    Less actually. Seven years.
    Iron Man, May 2008
    thru
    Avengers 2, May 2015

I think you could make the case for 'franchise fatigue', especially if the box office figures come down on Cap/Thor(I don't anticipate that myself). Expectations shouldn't be too great for Ant-Man/GotG imo though. But they aren't adding more movies to each Phase, Ethros makes a good point with condensed timeframe.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

One thing that helps against franchise fatigue is that the movies are all pretty much stand-alone.You don't have to see all of them, just the ones that interest you. I had a friend who went into The Avengers having only seen the first Iron Man, and he had no trouble following and enjoying the story.

However, at this rate, they are going to burn through SLJ's 9-pic deal real quick.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Not if they were split up the same way. It's not like it's Avengers 1-12 featuring the full cast each and every time.

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

There's not a new Hulk movie?

11. Captain Craig

Sadly no plans for a sequel to TIH with Ruffalo for Phase Two. He did sign a deal, like all the others, for a multi-picture deal. I've read it's either a 5 or 6 picture deal, both have been reported. Perhaps some already include Avengers as one, that's why the report 5?

So we can expect more Banner and or Hulk with Ruffalo somewhere other than Avengers 2&3. Perhaps Phase Three will include a TIH2. If his Hulk gains anymore positive traction like it did for Avengers I have to think he'll get that solo shot.

My early thoughts on Phase Three are:
    1. Captain America 3
    2. Thor 3
    3. TIH2
    4. Marvel Unknown 1
    5. Marvel Unknown 2
    6. Avengers 3

If they stick to 6 films anyway and still leaves follow ups for Iron Man 4, GotG 2 and Ant-Man 2 on the table. Not all of which would get a sequel(assuming the latter 2 are box office worthy) if Phase Three adheres to the 6 films template. Sam Jackson(and his 9 picture deal) has mentioned he wants a SHIELD movie, does that happen now that the TV show is happening or is just a Nick Fury movie now? Many still do want Hawkeye & Black Widow solo films. BW got enough backstory in Avengers that seed ideas for a solo film. Plus no new franchises and we've been told Daredevil is coming back mid-October, Fox officially loses the rights. And how much longer will Punisher & Blade stay on the shelf? Probably a bit cause they still have Iron Fist, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Moon Knight and others that are viable and haven't yet had a shot. Sorry, I'm straying now I think.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The first two Hulk movies did mediocre at the boxoffice. They didn't even break even. Disney/Marvel is in no rush to make more Hulk sequels.

13. Alidar Jarok

Yeah, I figured they might try with the new actor since I think most people liked him in the movie.

14. Captain Craig

Good timing on this, Kevin Feige says don't look for more solo Hulk until after Avengers 2.

He mentions how he likes Planet Hulk and WWH but also acknowledges those would be continuity overload(another thing we've just discussed). So don't look for those particular stories but more solo Hulk is on the table post Avengers 2 it sounds like. :techman:

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess maybe we would have heard something by now, but it'd be nice for Banner to at least have an appearance in Iron Man 3, seen as how chummy him and Stark were in the Avengers. And they did drive off together in the same car at the end of the movie too

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I never understood the explosion of interest at Stark and Banner in Avengers. Are they really that popular together? It seems RDJ has great chemistry with everyone.

17. Alidar Jarok

I think it was the "two scientists" thing.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure Marvel had already discussed what Phase Two would contain in terms of films and stories years before, and would have mapped out funding for them regardless of how much Avengers would rake in at the box office. If Thor or Captain America were relative failures and but Phase Two went forward anyway, there may have been room for a Hulk movie with Ruffalo based on his reception in Avengers. As it stands, IMO Marvel have enough hits on their hands to press forward with plans, funding and contracts as envisioned.

Also, Greenlight! a Hulk movie! Get it?!

Mark

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Ironic...