Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

On the one hand, I'm excited about Ultron in the next film (with the added possibility that Vision might appear), but on the other hand, I'm very disappointed by the decision not to include Hank Pym.

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he would be a welcome addition. However you have to look at it from Marvel's perspective, I'm sure they want to introduce him in his own film first before sticking him into the Avengers films.

If anything, blame Edgar Wright for taking so long.

3. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

I've never understood this. Can anybody really see Diesel as the Vision? That's terrible casting.

Dude's going to be Ultron.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ultron? Honestly, I'm excited for the movie, but not the villain. Ultron is easily my least favorite recurring avengers villain (with Kang being a close second). He's not that interesting, but when he was it was always because of his connection to Pym. I hope Stark isn't his creator in this. I really enjoy RDJ's Iron man/Tony stark, but he really doesn't need to be in the center of everything in the movie Marvel U. but, with no Pym and Stark's obvious ability to make aI's (atleast I'm assuming thats what you'd call Jarvis) he seems the most likely candidate as Ultron's creator.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Back in the day, fans used to liken the Vision to Spock...that's the type of casting they should go for (if that's what they're doing at all).

A leftover from a hasty edit...but feel free to turn it into a meme or whatever. :p

6. Dark Gilligan

EXACTLY. I remember those days well. The Vision is tall, stately, logical, and emotionally cool (but not cold).

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

First no Hank Pym, now no Phil Coulson. At least, not yet.

I can actually understand this one. However he winds up being back, it might be a bit confusing to casual viewers only familiar with the movies to see him in the sequel. And as Joss says at the link, everyone finding out that Coulson is alive (or whatever) is a whole other B-Story that the movie doesn't need

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But the movie will take place after the series?

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Arrr, that again.

The hell it is.

Look at Lord of the Rings. Gandalfs return from the dead takes one 2-minute action scene and 5 minutes of exposition.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^But you'd need to address all the Avengers' reaction to it. I mean Tony and Cap were already having reservations about working with SHIELD after what they discovered, it's going to be a major betrayal if they find out Fury used Coulson's death to manipulate them.

Plus, I get the impression that they want to save the story behind Coulson's return as one of the main storylines for the tv show.

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

All that, and he even comes with his own variation of the Vulcan Neck Pinch.

12. Dark Gilligan

I forgot about that! You are correct, sir.

13. Turtletrekker

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the future movies will head towards the avengers not accepting SHIELD and doing their own thing

Captain America 2 has Cap wear a SHIELD issued version of his suit. Apparently he won't like it and goes to his old WWII suit or a mix of old and new.

15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

They might build to a loose adaptation of Civil War, maybe with a role reversal for Iron Man and Captain America.

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

MCU has been pretty good about making the costumes pretty believable. The only one who wears something that is a costume in-universe is Cap. The leather and such that the SHIELD folk wear is borderline costumey, but well within tolerances. I'd rather they stuck with that pattern and only gave costumes to people who would reasonably go out of their way to make such a thing (or can be explained away by being from an alternate dimension).

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty disappointed too :( But then again, Venardhi does make a point, one that I never really thought about before.

19. Turtletrekker

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I've a feeling she'll be in something similar to the Black Widow's uniform only in red. There might be some seams or piping to suggest the "bathing suit" portion of her classic costume. Not sure how they can work a variation of the head dress into the costume. I wonder if they'll give her a central or eastern European accent? Nightcrawler is the only Marvel character I can think of to retain his accent in a film. (at least on the heroside)