Anyone here who HATES "in the pale moonlight"

Discussion in 'Deep Space Nine' started by WesleysDisciple, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hate it? That ending with Sisko telling the computer to erase the entire confession was one of the best Trek endings ever.

Garak's speech to Sisko at the end was one of the best Trek speeches ever.

re: cloaking....I gather that the Dominion sometimes can see through a cloaking device, like if they set up their scanners in a special way.

I've seen a number of times when it did appear to work against them.

Morality...maybe it doesn't exist "naturally" in the universe but it's all the more reason to create it and enforce it. Otherwise we're back to the stone ages.

Depending on what definition of morality we're talking about.

2. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Weak to endorse the contrary? Morality requires great strength. Sure, sitting around and judging people is easy. But acting in a moral manner is very difficult. Sticking to principles is difficult. Acting in accordance with societal norms is weak, yes. But acting against those norms because you posses a greater moral truth is very difficult and requires tremendous strength. How is morality weak, then?

3. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

My only issue with this episode is that people are always talking about it. I thought the record was deleted. :)

Seriously though, I know it's silly, but fanfic and legitimate fiction "follow-ups" to this episode do kind of irk me for the same reason. The whole weight of the episode lies in Sisko's last line and action. "I *can* live with it."

>BOOM!< .. Huh?! What episode? What are you talking about?