Anybody remember "Gargoyles"?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by _C_, Feb 27, 2013.

1. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still pissed I can't own ALL of the show on DVD though. It doesn't really matter if season 3 wasn't as good, I still want it for completion's sake. It is after all, one of the very few domestic cartoons I feel are worth owning.

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wow. I just binged watched the first season, which I haven't seen since first run 20 years ago, and am amazed at how well it holds up. Dramatic and funny, with a rich mythology and interesting characters. And I can't imagine anything like "Deadly Force" airing on a weekday afternoon post-Columbine, which is a real shame.

Are the missing episodes in season two important? I remember a prolonged arc focusing on Goliath and Angela, and I wouldn't want to commit to S2 if the key or final episodes were missing.

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely gonna have to check this out soon, been a long time since I saw them in order. :mallory:

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The missing season 2 episodes are "Mark of the Panther" and "Sentinel," both parts of the overlong "Avalon World Tour" arc and thus nonessential. Although "Panther" is significant on a character level since it shows Elisa's mother meeting the Gargoyles for the first time. Plus it features Nichelle Nichols and LeVar Burton -- while "Sentinel" features Avery Brooks.

6. Peach Wookiee

Could those episodes be missing because of VA issues?

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

I guess you have to be in the US to watch it?

8. Turtletrekker

^Awwww. Apparently so. That sucks. Sorry to get yer hops of a Gargoyles marathon up.:alienblush:

9. Peach Wookiee

I watched Deadly Force today. I can see where edits were made in the YT version, but darn, it still holds up. If you have a gun, be responsible. And you don't ever play with them!

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. Turtletrekker

12. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

It has been available for ages, it was just a Disney movie club exclusive, I bought it a year ago.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You must have bought it when it was first released through the Disney website in 2013.

Unfortunately many fans weren't able to or unwilling to jump through Disney's hoops just to purchase the set, and had to continue waiting for it to be released through the retailers.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

All I want to know is when do the Goliath Chronicles come out????? :lol:

15. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy crap!
    This is great news!! Finally!
    I can see where Avalon takes them "... where they need to be!" for the final time!

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Well since S2V2 took almost 10 years to come... let's say it will take 20 years for S3 to be released?

Seriously, does it matter? I don't think GC is considered canon anyway... :lol:

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Yup -- as far as fandom and Greg Weisman are concerned, the canon includes the first two seasons and the comic books. The first episode of The Goliath Chronicles is essentially the same story as the first 2 issues of the comic, and thus can be considered approximately canonical, but it has a few slight differences from the comic version. And every episode after that is completely apocryphal.

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

He did keep one thing: That bit where Hudson's blind friend reveals he knew he was a Gargoyle, they used the exact same dialog for where he explains how he knew.

19. Peach Wookiee

Mr. Weisman did say that he liked some of what GC did.

20. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome I will definitely pick this up. Just to show that there is still interest in this show, if nothing else.