Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I joined up when Jay Leno still had a lot of dark hair. If that doesn't say Old Fart I don't know what does.

2. Hunter X

Hunter X Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been here since May 2001. And I think TrekTonight is from the summer of '02. So happy belated 10th anniversary to that, I guess.

3. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I joined January 2001. I was 14. I didn't post much because I was terrified that my parents would find out about the board.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

Just curious, when you got older did to end up coming clean or do they still not know.

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I joined in September 2001, but I didn't start paying attention or caring about any of the stuff that went on here, who was who, etc. till 2003/2004, when I started going to meetups.

6. kgibsonuk

kgibsonuk Commodore Commodore

Out of interest anyone remember the old PC game Star Trek: Conquest Online? Used to adore that game. Such a sad day when they closed the doors. :(

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I joined in 2002. I was MLB for awhile, then Babaganoosh, and a few years ago I changed back to my original name.

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Stopped during Season 2 - so you totally missed "Interregnum"?

9. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

March or April of 2000. I remember being bummed that I was 42. That seems long ago and far away and I've long since come to terms with being middle-aged.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Oh no, I definitely caught "Interregnum."

11. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're aware of it. They know I've met a few people in person from it, although I told them of this well after the fact. (Didn't attend a meetup until I was 20, so they didn't have much say)

12. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I missed the second L and though it was Blab Over, as in "blabbing all over" the place. I though it was a very humorous and self-ironic name. :alienblush:

13. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Spot's Meow Premium Member

I've been here since the summer of 2004, so that would be 8 years. I think that's approaching old timer, though I'd say being over the 10 year mark is a little more meaningful. I used to go by Yeah Me until...I have no idea when I changed names, I would guess in 2006. Someone I always remember, who I didn't personally interact much with but had a larger than life personality, was Arianwen. It looks like she stopped posting around 2007.

I don't post as often as I used to, mostly because I work full time now and have spent the last few years working on two graduate degrees, but I still lurk. It seems like this place (at least Miscellaneous) isn't quite as busy as it used to be. I remember missing a day or two on the boards and coming back to a few pages of new threads all lit up for me to read. Now it seems like I can be gone for a week or two and when I come back there really isn't that much new stuff. Maybe I'm just less interested in the new stuff there is, I don't know.

It's so weird to read that - over seven years!? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was watching the "valentine" to the fans. :lol: So bizarre.

Wow, I totally missed that as well. I always assumed it was "blab lover," poking fun at her prolific posting habits. I knew she loved black labs but the name never clicked for me I guess!

14. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let see I joined on Sept 3 1999, 10 days later the moon blasted out of orbit, and well, you know the rest.

Anyway, my oldest son was born the following January, and I can just look at the now 5'4" and accelerating kid to see how long I've been around here.

Lot's of coming and going, some losses, lots of exciting new, it's a good place to hang out from time to time...

15. Coloratura

Coloratura Snuggle Princess Premium Member

Yeah, sometimes someone will mention another poster, and I'll think "Oh, I just saw them on here the other day! It was..."

*Last Post: December 14, 2008*

"Oops. Nevermind!"

16. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I first joined about the same time as you did. During the big witchhunt in 2002/3 I left and rejoined only quite recently by request of friends.

Speaking of Oldtimers: does anyone know what happened to Freakish American Batboy? Last thing I heard was that he married.
    And what about Phoonzang? He was such a nice guy! He got a new job, moved and was never heard of again :(
    And is Bedpan Elemental still around? He (or she??) thought I was a clone of Che Guevara LOL!
    And what happened to our Lounge Mod Stastny? I helped her with her final exams in German. She then took on a job in a hospital and then I lost contact. At least Darkening is still around, now and then.
    And where is ElanaM? We used to have so much fun in chat!
    And what happened to - oh god, what was his name again? 3 or 4 syllables. Started with R, S or P iirc - the nice guy who registered and administrated Trekchat? He was such a darling!! :adore:
    And where are Evil Robert and Biotech?

@ Bonzie: Never mind being middle-aged. We middle-agers are like an excellent wine: we get even better with age! :cool:

17. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Premium Member

Biotech posts on LONAF. Not sure where the others are.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    What really bothers me is that I've been a member for almost twelve years and yet I can remember just two of those names...and one of them I'm not 100% sure if I'm mistaking for somebody else. Yet I can remember the momentary flash-in-the-pan trolls like Sisko's Ballsack and Clown Meat who showed up for one or two days, were banned and haven't returned unless it's under a new account and screenname.

19. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I've been burning up the board by making 0.7 posts per day since June 27, 2001. I need some spamming lessons, I think, but I qualify as an old timer based on the criteria a few pages back.

But I like these threads where all these old user names get mentioned. I think of Huntington (sp?) with the starfish avatar. Black Dog and her racy, cartoony avatar. Some interesting people have come and gone.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Stats say I joined November of 2001. I thought it was before that.