Anime recomendations

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 5, 2010.

1. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I didnt like the show either until I gave it a second viewing. I guess it's better once you realize exactly how much of a mind fuck it is lol.

2. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Check out Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Rurouni Kenshin.

3. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, and it also helps if you have a web development certification too, like I do, so you can grasp some of the mumbo jumbo about internet protocols and such and their relation to The Wired. At any rate, I thought it was pretty good, but hell I don't completely understand it and I own the thing and have watched it through 10+ times. Each time you watch it though, you find something that you missed and put another piece into the puzzle. I have good memories of watching it late at night on the, now deceased, Anime Unleashed block on the former TechTV. I remember losing sleep many nights mulling over what went on and trying to figure out what was going on and what would happen next.

4. Starbrow

Starbrow Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For Cosmos oriented Sci-Fi:
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The story is staged in the distant future within our own Milky Way Galaxy, approximately in the 35th century. Unlike many science fiction stories, there are no alien civilizations. A portion of the galaxy is filled with terraformed worlds inhabited by interstellar traveling human beings. For 150 years two mighty space powers have intermittently warred with each other: the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance.

[LEFT]Heroic Age: Set in a distant future, Heroic Age tells the story of the quest of the human race to find the messianic individual that holds the power to save mankind.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]For Ninja/Samurai genre:
    Gintama: Its like Bleach, just focused more on a comedy side.[/LEFT]