An unconventional call--Niners: support Dukat!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Nerys Ghemor, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I never thought I'd be trying to help Gul Dukat WIN at anything...but I would SO love to see him grace the cover of this magazine. Step on over to this thread to see more...

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=97934

No other villain has his depth, nor was any other so well acted. Let's give Dukat the infamy he really deserves!

2. Lee T

Lee T Captain Captain

I voted for Dukat (and Tomalak because even if he had less depth he was that well acted too).

3. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Good luck to all you Dukat fans. Personally I would vote for Weyoun or Q, but I think Dukat probably has the best chance of anyone at beating Khan. Unfortunately, I'm quite certain that in the end Khan will prevail no matter how many Niners back Dukat.

4. Nerys Ghemor

The only way we'll find out is if we all try; it won't help if we sit on our hands! :cardie: ;)

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Q was always more of an annoyance than a villain.

Weyoun was a wonderful character...but he was predictable and always serving the Founders and got pushed around by the The Female Changeling, who was much scarier and more chilling with her superior indifferent attitude.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  6. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

I also voted for Dukat :)

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voted for Khan, hope he wins.

8. Nerys Ghemor

::Gives Jono a withering, sidelong glance and mumbles something into her wristcomm. The words "Obsidian Order" and "interrogation" are heard...::

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dark days lie ahead for you, Jono. You'll have to endure the dish-drying rack, being poked with soft cushions, and being forced to sit in the comfy chair. Nobody expects the Obsidian Order!

10. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

I don't agree that Dukat was any more deep or well-acted than either Weyoun or Kai Winn. I say all three of them are immaculately-played and writen (other than the unmentionable things which we shall not discuss yet again in this thread :p).

There is no question that all three of them are easily and by far the 3 best villains ever in Trek, and probably even SciFi and television as a whole, too.

11. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The cynicism in me tells me Khan will win (everybody loves a good joke, after all) tho there have been a surprising number of votes for other people which is nice. I've already cast my vote for Dukat. Don't think there's been an antagonist in Trek I've enjoyed watching more than him.

12. Nerys Ghemor

OH GOD. You just gave me one heck of a Garak image there. :cardie:

13. arasam22

arasam22 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

BIGGLES! get... the COMFY CHAIR!

14. SharkD

SharkD Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think that Dukat fell and then arose from the ashes one too many times. He lost a lot of his credibility (for a villain) after the nth time in my mind.

15. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the magazine is out, and predictably, Khan won, whether he deserves it or not. :vulcan:

http://static.titanmagazines.com/pr...091120-Titan_Magazines_The_Villains_take_over

16. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd have voted for Chang.

17. Nerys Ghemor

Damn! For once I'm actually pissed Dukat didn't win something!

18. Kai Winn

Kai Winn Captain Captain

dunno what the hype about khan is, i disliked both space seed and wok. space seed wasn't a bad episode, but the pathetic overacting of montalban and the female who fell in love with him undid it for me. fine, stuffing some worm into the ear of chekov was questionable, but so looked dax' symbiont. the augments of ent were more menacing, and convincing.
    dukat was a lot better, a man who could swing both ways, good and evil. went nuts for extented periods of time, though. kai winn is my choice, evil to the core, but convinced to be a goodie from her conservative point of view. how good for the galaxy she was the religious leader of an unsubstantial world only.

19. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, I agree - Dukat was a far more interesting villain, and Alaimo is a much better actor, too. And as for Khan...well, I never liked that movie, not even a little bit, and the emphasis on Khan is a major reason why. I don't get the hype about him either.

20. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

Stop hatin' on Mr. Roarke! :wah:

:angel: