American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Loved the finale through the very end, but I am confused about the very final scene - the flashback between Sister Jude and Lana. I remember part of that conversation occurring in the beginning when she first arrived, but then it deviated and got kind of odd. At least two mentions of "Lana Banana", harkening back to the "Name Game" song, which I don't recall the first time, the "looking at evil and evil looks back" bit and the scene where Lana just simply...walks out.

What just happened there? I actually started thinking that maybe all the things that happened this season were either figments of Jude's damaged mind or fabrications for Lana's book.

Seriously, does anyone know the significance of that final scene? I played it several times over in the DVR and its meaning eludes me.

:confused:

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I obviously didn't get Lana's age as being 33 when she was abducted by Thredson. I figured she was mid-20s in 1964, making her at least 70-something in 2012/2013. She definitely didn't look like an old prune. ;) She really took care of herself. Thanks for the clarification.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I think it just meant that both Jude and Lana faced evil and stared it down. That's how I interpreted it.

Sarah Paulson looks very young for her age, but they did state it on screen that she was 33 like the other victims. Sarah Paulson's birthdate (at least as listed on imdb) is listed as 1974. She's getting ready to turn 38. Usually if actresses lie about their age they say they're younger, not older, but she could easily pass for 28.

4. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jude calls her Lana Banana in the first episode when Lana starts asking questions about Bloody Face. Then the scene cuts to Kit Walker, and when we get back to Lana she's in her apartment already. So I'd say that final scene between Lana and Jude gets inserted in between those times.

edit: in fact I just watched it again, and that's exactly where that scene goes. The whole "you're out of your depth Lana Banana" played in the final episode is word-for-word from episode 1, and that first episode then skips to Lana at home, where in the finale we finally see the conversation that took place before Lana went to discuss what was going on with Wendy.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

AH! Very cool - thanks for the summation. Makes sense now.

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Lana Lana Bobana
    Bonana fana fofana
    Fee fi momana.
    Lana!

:lol:

Oh that song!

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's going to be hard for AHS to top the Name Game song and dance scene. It was pure genius.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's ironic that when we sit down to watch horror, we find that want we really want is musical theatre, but when we sit down to Smash or Glee all we really need is for the casts to be hunted by a chainsaw wielding maniac.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I finally watched the final two episodes today.

I think this was just terrific. I loved it.

Sister Jude's ending was very nicely done. I actually teared up a little bit.

Lana's story was done very well too. The interview showed how much she had learned about herself, accepted about herself. She was a survivor. She was, ultimately, victorious.

Kit's story was exceptional, for all he went through. Going back for Jude was amazing.

And I'm glad Monsignor got his comeuppance, that bastard.

I absolutely loved this season. I can't wait for Season 3!

:techman:

10. Enterprise is Great

11. Enterprise is Great