American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Next week is the Christmas episode. I can't wait.

2. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Except Dr. Arden gave Grace the immortality drug, so...

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't that Ian McShane as the crazed Santa next week? That should be good.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Man, poor Lana cannot catch a break!

:lol:

What's up with the little girl surviving the car crash? There's something fishy there.

Loved the Angel of Death. "Are you ready for me now?"

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Ian McShane as Psycho Santa. :lol: Awesome!

How naive of Sister Jude to actually be convinced by Dr. Arden to come back to Briarcliff and try to defeat Mary Eunice. Based on the preview of next week's episode, she's going to be chained to her bed and locked up like other patients.

EDIT:

I especially liked the part when Dr. Arden gave those ruby earrings to Mary Eunice as a Christmas gift. He told her the story of how he got them from a Jewish woman in a concentration camp. The woman came from wealth, and her husband was an influential doctor. She often complained about stomach problems, and so one day Arden decided to follow her to the latrine. Then he saw her retrieving her earrings, which she had apparently swallowed, from her own excrement. :eek: She died from internal hemorrhage, and Arden ended up taking the earrings. He was rather disappointed by Mary Eunice's thrilled reaction as opposed to being repulsed by the story of the "shit-stained" earrings. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're stained in pride. That's gotta be catnip for fallen angels.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder why the aliens took Grace's body.

Ian McShane killed it as the crazed Santa. I can't believe that Sister Jude fell for Arden's bullshit.

Pooe Frank..he got his neck sliced open...that always makes me cringe and makes my throat hurt seeing that.

Dylan McDerrmott's character visits a shrink...the preview made it look rather funny.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I admit I fell for it . . . .

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Me too. He was quite convincing.

10. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I fell for his bullshit, he was very convincing as for the Aliens who knows:confused:

11. 1001001

Killer Santa was awesome.

I think the shrink in the previews is Brooke Smith ("PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!").

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I fell for it as well. Just goes to show you can never trust a Nazi.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But I was willing to believe that even a Nazi would be scared of the the Devil, especially now that Sister Mary Demon has taken the gloves off . . . .

14. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So...I'm almost convinced Lana barfing in the infirmary was foreshadowing her pregnancy.

I reaaaally hope Dylan McDermot isn't her kid and that's not the whole route they're taking.:scream:

15. 1001001

I think that's exactly what's happening.

16. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This show is anything but predictable though.

17. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Nazis. I hate these guys."

I loved McShane as the killer Santa. I almost wondered if I'd tuned in to the wrong channel at the beginning. :D

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Another great episode last night. It was fun to see Dylan McDermott as the son of Bloody Face.

Poor Sister Jude. I actually feel sorry for her more than I do for Lana. The Briarcliff Asylum does show a reversal of roles. You have the psycho, evil, misguided people in charge (Mary Eunice, Dr. Arden, Monsignor) while the innocent ones suffer--Lana, Kit, and this time, Jude.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I was actually surprised to see Ian McShane's character alive in the beginning and the Monsignor at the end based on what was done to both of them.

But yes, this was one of the best eps of the season so far, IMO. Glad to see the alien thread is also progressing.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crucifixion itself doesn't kill you. Sure you keep passing out from the shock in the beginning, and if they don't control the blood loss or infection, you're in trouble, but it's exposure and dehydration that used to really get the the Roman prisoners. The point of crucifixion is that some one has to walk past that guy on a cross to work, and then has to walk past him again on the way home, and then past him on the way to work the next morning again. Like an advertising billboard it's all a question of exposure and saturation. But here's where the Romans were really assholes, they would feed the lads on the crucifix, give them a little water too so that it would last even longer and even let the convict off for a while now and then, but they'd have to break their legs first. Apparently (According to my art history teacher preaching about the legend of the true cross.) this is what they they offered Jesus. A couple hours off the cross in exchange for some broken legs because no one could be bothered running after him if tried to make a break for it, but there was some prophecy that the messiah never having broken any bones so Jesus immediately magically willed himself dead rather than break prophecy, but do you want to know what I got out of that story?

Jesus Christ committed suicide.