American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

There's definitely a lot going on. That's all well and good, as long as it comes together in the end.

The girl laughed at his penis, so he cut her legs off. That seems fair. Doc's got a serious Madonna/Whore thing happening.

The phone call from the girl Sister ran over was pretty cool.

Does anyone else think:

Quinto is Bloody Face?

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Next season will see a group of hippies and their dog encountering ghosts and sea monsters along a strip of surf beach in California.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

It is entirely possible. He's one of the few free people who can walk in and out of the asylum.

I was so sleepy last night and must've dozed off, so I need to rewatch the episode. It was interesting to see Grace's past since little was known about her background. As it turned out, she did kill her family member, contrary to what she had said to Kit in the beginning. This made Kit question his own sanity, or is it just a ploy?

The Anne Frank character is really good. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Arden himself was a Nazi, especially considering what he's been doing to the patients, Shelley being his latest experiment. I hope he gets what he deserves.

4. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Anne Frank thing kind of shocked me. I just couldn't believe they did it. It seems so...tacky. But I kind of like it. It's hilarious in a weird way.

Sarah Paulson was fabulous in the last episode, too. The therapy scenes were extremely disturbing, more than I think anything else I've seen this season. I had to pause it and walk away for a minute. Definitely Emmy worthy.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Up until this episode Quinto's character seemd to be the most stable of the character but in this episode he's starting to creep me out. The aversion/conversion therapy was creepy as hell. He seemed to be enjoying it a bit much. In his scene with Kit he was trying to convince him of his guilt in the Bloody Face murders he seemed off. I just got a weird vibe from him. Could he be Bloody Face?

Good casting on the younger version of Dr. Arden...that actor looked a lot like a young James Cromwell.

6. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's because it was James Cromwell's son.

7. Kaestra

Kaestra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good call. While this was really obvious in tonight's episode, I actually didn't see it before then. He was a really likable character. Maybe that's why my heart was beating so fast when he offered her mints in a skull bowl. Damn.

8. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is it bad that...

I'm tooootally looking forward to the next episode's "conversion therapy" torture scenes?

9. Enterprise is Great

I pretty much guessed who Bloody Face was last week but I wasn't totally sure about it then during this week's episode it seemed obvious who Bloody Face was going to be judging by who the episode focused on. Plus he was giving out creepy vibes in every single scene before the reveal.

10. Gryffindorian

I wonder if we'll see more "mystery" characters in future season. In Season One, the question was, "Who was Rubber Man?" This season is about Bloody Face. I never would've guessed who he truly was if not for the speculations discussed in this thread.

It would be interesting to see if Dr. Arden was in fact revealed to be a Nazi criminal. The Nazi hunter that Sister Jude consulted said that Arden was supposed to have some tattoo on his arm to confirm his background, but we never saw that last night. The episode was bizarre in a way; it almost had a sense of finality to it (like a bad ending of sorts). Kit was picked up when he made a taped confession (bad move). Sister Jude, thinking her career was finished, left the asylum in a haste, went into a bar, and had a one-night stand with a stranger (can nuns really do that in real life?). :lol: Poor Lana fell right into the hands of the person least likely to be suspected of being a serial murderer.

11. sonn

sonn Lieutenant Red Shirt

I believe that picture at the end showed Arden standing behind Hitler.

12. Gryffindorian

Yeah, I guess we've seen that picture before (in Anne Frank's flashbacks, etc.) If that was indeed Arden, why not use that as evidence against him?

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Because "Anne Frank" was crazy, so nobody, not even Sister Jude, is taking her accusations seriously anymore. And "Anne Frank" was lobotomized, so she's in no position to try to prove anything . . . . .

Chances are, that photo is just going to get thrown into the trash with the rest of her Holocaust clippings.

14. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I had an OMG moment when they focused on the lamp shade. In fact, I had to rewind and watch it again. Then the mint bowl and I knew who Bloodyface was.

15. Enterprise is Great

Quinto is really good at playing a serial killer and BF is way scarier than Sylar ever was.

16. Enterprise is Great

17. Gryffindorian

I'm confused. I guess Sister Jude or anyone else at Briarcliff doesn't know Arden's real background. For her to confirm it, she would have to see a tattoo on Arden's upper arm. BUT ... When they showed the newspaper clippings of Arden in Nazi Germany, I assumed it was someone else at Briarcliff (not "Anne Frank").

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That photo belonged to "Anne Frank," who had been obsessed with the Holocaust and pinned up dozens of photos and clippings on the wall at her house. Presumably, that's why (in her delusion) she recognized Arden, even as she claimed to have met him at Auschwitz.

But, as far as her husband and the rest of the world was concerned, her freaky collection of Holocaust articles was just a symptom of her mental illness. It was all being thrown out after she was "cured."

Nobody else examined her "evidence" because they thought it was just a crazy conspiracy theory cooked up by a deranged woman who thought she was Anne Frank for Pete's sake!

You know, in a way, Anne's story is kind of the flip side of Kit's.

Kit is sane, but nobody believes him because his wild story about aliens is too crazy to be believed.

"Anne" was right about Arden, but nobody believed her, because she really was insane.

19. Gryffindorian

OK, that makes sense. As for Dr. Arden's Nazi past, based on next week's preview, it appears Sister Jude will be back at Briarcliff. Arden's secret will likely be unveiled, and he'll get his comeuppance, either by getting tortured by Bloody Face or eaten by his mutants.

20. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Next week's episode is supposed to go in to all the backgrounds of Arden, Thredson, and the Monsignor.