Absolute worst character in DS9 History: Ezri Dax

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by ZeNd, Jan 21, 2013.

1. UnknownSample

UnknownSample Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aug 10, 2004
    Earth's surface
    Yes, but I wasn't talking about her readiness for joining, but whether she came across as having what it took to be the person she was said to have been before joining.
  2. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

Jan 15, 2003
    I can believe it. It take years of preparation that Ezri didn't have and Dax, particularly Curzon, was a helluva lot to live up to. I think anyone would be a mess in the first few months.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Zonker and stardream like this.
  3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Captain Red Shirt

Aug 10, 2016
    New Jersey
    I'm new here so sorry if this is being repeated.

I liked Ezri a lot. I think she had two huge things going against her, one, she was a replacement of a very well loved character, and two, she only had one season. Asside from just being adorable, I thought it was great the way she was unprepared for joining. Her struggle was interesting. It was previously very well established that trills train for a VERY long time to receive a slug. Ezri didn't want it, and was unprepared. Then on top of that she ended up back on DS9 where she still felt her friendships and love for someone who felt like a husband, while they all looked at her as a stranger and a reminder of their lost friend and wife.
    2takesfrakes and Zonker like this.
  4. OldManDoom

OldManDoom Lieutenant Red Shirt

Mar 2, 2015
    She really is a weak character. Granted, one season to develop a somewhat new character isn't enough time. I tolerate her though because I've always had a huge celebrity crush on Nicole de Boer.