A Niner Watches Babylon 5 (NO spoilers, please)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TheGodBen, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Same here. This first viewing of B5 was quite a ride for me as well. I certainly didn't like it quite as much as you did (there are plenty of things, even in the later seasons, that make me just scratch my head, groan or go :wtf:), but I still consider myself a fan. There were plenty of episodes that I thought were rated rather highly (an oddity for you), but there were also some I thought you were too harsh to - so rest assured. :p

As for the characters - definitely Londo and G'Kar are the best (for obvious reasons) followed very closely by Lennier (for reasons I stated upthread). As for the worst - Galen, Byron and Ivanova. I still can't stand any of them.

So, it's on to Stargate now, right? ;)

2. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Smallville, surely.

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For those of you that want me to review Stargate, here's the thread.

For those of you that want me to review Farscape, here's the thread.

For those of you that want me to review The X-Files, here's the thread.

Mwaahaha! You all fell for my trap. :devil:

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I still think the "no walls" weapons pod was a great idea poorly executed. If it had worked more subtly - for instance, if she'd fired the weapons by simply pointing, or looking sternly at the target, it might have been pretty cool. But the kung-fu just looked absurd.

And... "We live for the one, we die for the one" was never meant to indicate you HAVE to die if you can help it! Geez!

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree.

It's clear to me after all these years that the villains weren't an ancient race like the Shadows or the 3rd Space Aliens, but rather got their hand on some advanced First One tech and were just playing pretend like the Wizard of Oz.

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the cure developed by Earthforce probably would have had consequences. Possibly turning people into shadows weapons like the original technomages with heightened aggression or the experiments that Gideon and Galen encounters in the unfilmed finale.