A Look at Caprica

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

That's the promotional poster for Caprica, and it's accompanied by an article that talks about the upcoming TV series. The article compares the new show to BSG and talks about why the first season will be getting fewer episodes than were initially ordered.

Read it here.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the link!

I'm really looking forward to the show (I haven't seen the pilot yet, unfortunately). But suffice it to say this poster does nothing for me. Just because some degree of temptation and human fallibility are part of the show's premise do we really have to tread out the Eve metaphor yet AGAIN?

3. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Makes for a thought provoking, yet titillating poster. Works for me.

:bolian:

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, from a distance, she looks like Mary McDonnell.

5. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the symbolism. Moore mentioned in the podcast how humanity had taken fire (knowledge) from the gods in creating life, the Cylons. So the apple is representing this cycle.

6. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it. Isn't RDM not too involved and its mostly that Buffy chick? All her episodes sucked and she joined in Season 3..

7. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, Jane Espenson is the showrunner. Her episodes of BSG and the recent telemovie she wrote all seem to lack coherance. She's good at writing some really funny one-liners, but in terms of a complete product--well, she has always disappointed.

For clarification, Espenson wrote an episode in season three but didn't become a staffer until after the Razor telemovie.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

She looks underage.

9. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope ya'll support this show...it has to be better than SG:U (which isnt terrible per se...but really..).

The people I hear that were BSG fans but refuse to watch this automatically turn it off because Caprica won't have spaceships and guns (that we know of). And that's just sad...that so many scifi fans are really just immature boys (mostly) who can't comprehend something if it doesn't have shooting and explosions (which isn't what BSG was about really but so many miss the point).

10. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

Yeah, that's why I still fear that Caprica could get cancelled after its first season. It has no spaceships, no aliens, no time travel, no gunfights, no explosions... just lots of dialogue discussing whether the perfect copy of a human being is actually a being or just a program, what makes religious fundamentalists/terrorists tick etc.

11. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the Caprica pilot and I hope it lasts. Whether it will get the ratings remains to be seen.

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Still not seen the pilot (want to do, but UK/R2 won't let me yet) but I saw this poster on the SFX website yesterday. Almost looks like they're trying to cash in on the True Blood/Twilight phase with the vibe/look/style of the poster.

I also had to look up the age of the actress, Alessandra Torresani, to see if it's allright to perve. She's 22, I guess that's ok then, though she looks about half that in this pic-
    [​IMG]
    Still... :devil:

13. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I liked the Caprica pilot, but I'm not sure there's enough meat on the story's bones to keep a show running season after season. Maybe a miniseries, but not a regular weekly show.

14. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, I guess sex sells, but Alexandra Torresoni looks too young for that poster not to come off somewhat squicky and more to the point, it's got nothing at all to do with the actual theme of the series, which is all about a father's obsessive love for his daughter that is completely (I should hope) nonsexual but destructive regardless. The "Eve" metaphor is getting lost because the sexuality is too much in-your-face.

Looks like Liz Taylor to me.
    I should hope so! But that's setting the bar pretty low. :wtf:

I find her writing incoherent, too. OTOH, there is very very little interesting or ambitious sci fi out there, so I'll give this show a very long leash.

15. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sorry...but how old is that girl? I feel like I am going to end up on some FBI list if I keep viewing this thread and those pictures.

16. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She looks 12.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here are a few clips that might be of interest...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XjD7RWJ-Q[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMPFh7KNjtg[/yt]

19. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    I liked the pilot too and I'm very interested at how they are gonna make a series out of it. As for the lack of spaceships, who knows. The first Cylon war could be included, that would give us a lot of gunshots.

20. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

Only if they decide to jump forward about six years.