800th Episode - 2014 Christmas Special (Rumour's/Poss. Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by MacLeod, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

<Sniffle>

Welcome to Whodom Mr. Capaldi, we look forward to a long and happy relationship with you

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did he wanna go?

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

True that. But it was just one Doctor ago that had this same reaction. 11 Doc also thought he was gonna die permanently in series 6.

4. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All the more reason for 11 not to see it coming. We spent, what, two years having him freaking out about dying only to outsmart it in the end? And then ANOTHER episode about his death, where we see his tomb. Enough, already! Regeneration isn't death anyway, you live on...just changed.

I want to see a great Doctor Who episode that stands amazingly watchable in its own right, and then at the end the doctor just doesn't quite make it out in one piece and needs to regenerate. Channel "Caves" not "End of Time."

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unfortunately Moffat's already said that it's about the Doctor being afraid of what he's going to turn into next.

I hope the idiots who bitch at one line in Tennant's last episode will scale up their bile over a whole story in similar territory.

6. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

The clock strikes twelve now

Let the "12" puns begin!

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

12 step program

The clock strikes 12 (that's gotta hurt)

12 angry men (Doctors, that is)

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Until the 12th of Never

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

While I do like End Of Time, I'd like something different to it. I don't want any of this dying to save someone else either. I feel we've had enough of this for the time being. Lets have his death at the hands of one of his enemies, not saving his companion. It's a great concept, but it's being overused. Ten died saving Wilf, nine died saving Rose, five died saving Peri. While that's only three regenerations, two of them are used in the new series, and I'd like some contrast. I'd maybe like possibly the last ten or so minutes of the doctor knowing he's going to regenerate, but I don't want it dominating the episode. I would like to see fear in his eyes though, maybe even some pain. I absolutely love the scene in Planet of Spiders where the third doctor is terrified. I think something like that would work well.

11. Emperor-Tiberius

Here's a title: High Noon? :p

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

A pic from production of the Christmas special

[​IMG]

I believe that's Matt's mother

Also, sources are saying Clara will depart the series next year

Rumored to be at the half way mark. Well it makes sense because her story is done

Makes you wonder how long Capaldi will stay

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Capaldi was a one-season Doctor, TBH

14. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That picture makes Smith look much older for some reason. His hair looks thinner for a start. Gives a good idea of how he may looks when he's older.

Also, Smiths mum seems cute......

I really hope not. It's taken me four years of Smith to even warm to Smith (although I'm beginning to loave him again).

Then again, Eccleston was a one season doctor, and he's one of the best ever. McGann was a one episode doctor and my joint favourite (with tenant). I hope Capaldi lasts at least two series. I'd also like the Valeyard to be the main antagonist in one of Capaldi's series.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, the hair is a wig this time around.

16. Emperor-Tiberius

I honestly don't believe Capaldi will be a one-year-only Doctor. Eccleston was a one-off because they weren't sure if DW would be successful enough to warrant a second season, and of course Eccleston himself didn't want to return for one when they knew the show had done well. Plus, I think a three-year gurantee is part of the deal, no?

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends on whether or not there's a gap year in 2015 as has been rumored.

I assume that the eighth series is Moffat's last. If there's a gap year to get a new producer up to speed with the program (as was done in 2009), then I could see Capaldi departing with Moffat when the series goes on hiatus. He's a working actor, after all. If the series doesn't go on hiatus when Moffat leaves, I could see Capaldi staying for three or four years.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Capaldi is a life long fan so I suspect that he wants at least a couple of years to make the role his own. Having said that, I don't rule out the idea of a one-season Doctor, particularly when they've cast an actor who is in so much demand.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It's his availability I'm thinking of.

20. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

:(