7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, May 18, 2013.

?

Grade "The Name Of The Doctor"

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. Merlin

111 vote(s)
    72.1%
  2. Radagast the brown

30 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Barty crouch jr

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Destro

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Malekith

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Has anyone got a screenshot of when the Eighth Doctor supposedly appeared? Can't find one anywhere.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

The 2nd and 8th doctor are seen in the park.

I'm surprised we didn't get scene with Clara passing through Eccelston.

I know a stunt double posing as the 9th doctor passes by her near the end

3. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I haven't read the rest of this long thread but does anybody agree with me that this is going to be a long tense wait rivalling the wait for the concluding part to TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds"?

4. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Thank you!

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unseen multi-doc adventure!

6. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

One of the few other times I can think of in the classic series is in The Daleks' Master Plan, when the Doctor needs to return to Kembel to stop the Daleks' Time Destructor. He only barely manages to do it, using a component he stole from the Meddling Monk's TARDIS and nearly frying the console with it.

7. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

That's the name of my orthopedic surgeon. And yes, he lives up to it. :lol:

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Doctor Hurt is one of the major Batman villains of the past decade of comics.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh, I'm not that impressed by him.

10. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Saw the episode in full again today. My gosh the whole ending bit was rushed and a bit sloppy really (meaning final 10-ish minutes). And if the Great Intelligence corrupted the Doctor's entire timestream (he says "it's done.") how was the Doctor still alive? The whole wibbly wobbly wispy thread stuff was red from the "corruption", yet Doc was still lying there. Shouldn't he have disappeared from existence like Strax and Jenny?

I think that if they had made it 60 minutes and more directly addressed Clara's actual sacrifice and WHAT she did at the end, it would've been more epic. Also, at the very end when she's alone in the Doctor's past lives and then he speaks to her and sends her the leaf, not only was the writing choppy, but it didn't feel like there was any RISK for her. Remember in the Center of the TARDIS episode and they took a leap of faith off that cliff? When Doc says "You have to trust me, one more step!" she's just kind of stumbling toward him into an embrace. It would've been more impactful if she truly did not know what she was doing, and just heard a disembodied voice and had to walk into an abyss or something, just to end up in his arms. She would've REALLY had to trust him and let him REALLY save her.

Seems like Moffat ran out of time and rushed it.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well unless it's going to get expanded upon in the 50th Anniversary episode... like how they'll rush something at the end of the first part and then sort of back track a bit in the second or just explain things a bit more. Dunno

It DID feel a bit rushed though.