50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Atticus, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

The problem with having past Doctors appearing is some are too old or too dead.
    Some sort of Tribbles mixing old and new futage would work.

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Plenty of ways around both obstacles. They could go the Tribbles route.

Or, they wouldn't have to include all of the past Doctors, pick and choose. Some of them appear close enough to be workable. And there's always the Time Crash explanation.

Mr Awe

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'm still not understanding the problem with Davison. Did they do a fantastic job of makeup in Time Crash or something? Several people hae said things about him being all wrinkly. His hair's a bit thinner, and he's wider, but, his face looked pretty much the same to me, I didn't see all these wrinkles or a big change in his facial appearance

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

And now the past 2 episodes he has said he is a thousand years old. he could be generalizing though. Rules 1, the Doctor lies..lol

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Quite a bit of work was done on Davison for Time Crash. Just take a look at him in the interviews on any random DVD and you'll see.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  6. Sindatur

Oh, OK, it just seemed weird compared with what I saw oncreen, thanks, I'll check into that

7. Mr Awe

I don't either.

Mr Awe

8. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not as easy as it seems. For Trials and Tribbleatiosn they could source the original series scenes from 35mm film - if not quite the same stock as they were using on DS9, then still something close.
    For Who, the quality gap between modern HD video and the 625 PAL line video of Pertwee onwards, let alone the the even lower quality telerecordings available for the first two Doctors, would be immense.

9. Mr Awe

^^ Good points, not to mention the 3D factor as well.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

It's funny. Any other time and fans would be thrilled and excited as hell at the chance to see Tennant return and interact with Smith's Doctor.

But now we're all just like "eh, whatever. What else you got?" Lol

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I said on another forum that I'd use that to my advantage and film the Matt Smith on grainy film or black and white or cruddy video depending on which era he was in if they went the DS9 route.

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am pretty excited to see Tennant return and interact with Smith. I am pretty disappointed we aren't at least getting someone else from the old show, but I'll live.

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can only say that you are wrong. The inclusion of Sarah Jane Smith is all the proof that is needed.

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well Smith did say a part of the special would be in a slightly different style or format than the usual DW episode, so perhaps that's what he was referring to.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Not to mention all the classic villains that have shown up during the last 6 years of the show.

That does bring up an interesting question though: Had Doctor Who premiered back in 2005 and not had the previous series to back it up, would it have lasted?

16. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

#8 (Paul McGann) could *easily* come back.

And Sylvester McCoy (#7) was wearing *old age make-up* in the TV movie where he regenerated into #8.

And really, we never actually saw #6's face, since the actor, Colin Baker, wasn't in the episode (but Sylvester McCoy in a wig, with his face fx'd out) - so you could just put a *wig* on him, and use your imagination to fudge the extra weight.

#5 and #4 look much older than when they regenerated...but you can come up witha "Time Crash" like technobabble explaination to explain it away, I'm sure.

And many people here have commented on how much the Sean Pertwee, the son of #3 actor John Pertwee, looks and sounds like his father...with the right wig and costume, he could *be* #3!

And the fist two Doctors you could just recast...or use old footage ala' "Trials and Tribbleations" to CGI them in....or use CGI re-creations...or a similar-looking actor with a little CGI and voice help... Or you could just re-cast them like they did for #1 in "The Five Doctors"...

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I thought it was believed that *they* were getting actors to play the First and Second Doctors? Granted I know it was just a rumor, but there's no reason to believe it couldn't be true, unless it's been shot down by someone in the know.

18. Sindatur

Well they did, for the Biopic/Making Of Special called Adventures In Time and Space (Or the other way around). The wishes/rumors concern the Possibility of them also appearing in the Anniversary Special as well

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's what I read too. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sean Pertwee has made it quite clear he'll never do that.