5 reasons Into Darkness is a great Trek film

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies XI+' started by King Daniel Beyond, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Vice Admiral Admiral

Bad picture of Karl Urban though...

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    This :techman:

And this :techman:. You can keep your allegories, blah, blah, etc. I've seen ID at least half a dozen times, and its narrative/cinematic faults bug me to hell. But no Trek film is perfect. It's whether you care about characters. And fun.

3. suarezguy

suarezguy Commodore Commodore

I personally find most blockbusters mediocre; regardless of my view, it seems odd that they would almost all be considered good and it goes against the idea that critics and/or a bunch of viewers are rooting for a backlash.

4. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alice Eve. She's all I need to overlook everything else and be happy this movie exists.

5. James

James Guest

I have to agree with that, it was definitely one of the best "Star Trek" movies. They had planned to make figures too but that had an X put in it. Oh well. It's reassuring that the TOS films will always be regarded as superior to nutrek, heck TOS in general is regarded as better. :biggrin: There is only 1 reason why STID was entertaining, the Vengeance plain and simple.