2016 MLB Regular Season - It's an Even Year...

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Marlins, not Rays, nobody comes to see the Marlins. :D

2. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I'm a huge Stanton fan... sad to hear.... I would think the Marlins would be smarter than to bring in A-Rod.

Maybe, the way he's been hitting he'd probably have to juice to get the remaining HR's. I've watched him in pin-stripes for the last 12 years and I'll honestly say I really enjoyed watching the "baby bombers" this past weekend. (and not being treated to the obligatory pan to the bench where A-Rod spent most of the season)

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

A spokesperson for ARod has ruled out ARod playing at all this season.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  5. Mr. Laser Beam

@Yanks, you don't suppose John Sterling knows anything about 2000 A.D., do ya? Because if he did, I'd recommend that he start using "Judge Dread" as Aaron Judge's home run call. :)

6. Yanks

Haha!! I think "Here comes da judge" is going to win. :D

7. Mr. Laser Beam

That almost sounds too obvious, even for Sterling. :lol:

Oh and I just heard Eovaldi needs Tommy John surgery and will likely be out of commission till 2018. :(

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Nothing is too obvious or low-brow for Sterling...

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  9. Yanks

Two surguries total.... something about a tendon as well. Eeeeesh.... it's likely yo be two years before he's back, if he ever makes it back.

:D He's a blast to listen to.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ugh. Guy is a total hack, at best. "It is far, it is deep, it is.... caught by the pitcher. Really thought that was going out"

How long do you figure he spends during spring training acting like a complete douche in front of a mirror, practicing his little catch phrases and songs for the players?

Just no.

11. Yanks

Now now... :D

A hack? ... come on.... he's pretty original.

That said, break....

How about Sanchez? ... seem like this fella is ready to take the rains from McCann.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/hack

Hack, as in the first definition, untalented. See also: asshat. Add Suzy to the mix, and I'd rather (worst thing you can think of) than listen to the two of them on a nightly basis. Staring at the radio while OFF, checking the box score, and GUESSING what happened would be much preferable. Just awful. And not the cute/funny kind of homers, the sickly sweet, diabetes-inducing kind. Makes me so very, very thankful for Joe Castiglione on the mic for Boston.

As for Sanchez, can't say I've seen (or remembered) him playing. Baseball Reference has the stats, and seems like he's had a nice first 13 games, but obviously small sample size there. He's a .275 hitter in the minors, but with some power, so if he can call a good game and has a decent arm for throwing out baserunners, could have a chance. Give it a half season, at least, need more info, especially after opposing pitchers adjust to him and he has to adjust back.

Jackie Bradley Jr. was a total butcher at the plate his first season or two, people calling for everything up to publically executing him on the field. Small sample size or adjustments, as he's now turned in a solid run that shows the crappy batting was a phase, just hit his 20th HR the other night. So point being: give it more time. Nice start, though.

13. Yanks

Never listened to Joe Castiglione, so I can't really attached snide remarks to him. I do like your TV guys though.

These young ones are going to play the rest of this year. I have to give Cashman credit, he convinced Hal that the Yankees needed to change their business model. I was nervous as he has never done any selling at the trade deadline the entire time he has been in New York. But he did very well. After we traded Nova, Beltran, Miller and Chapman our farm system is now ranked #2 in the bigs. The thing about Sanchez is to me he looks comfortable at the plate (and behind it). I think McCann is gone.

Bradley got sent down last year, right? Seems to have worked. He was probably pressing to hard. The guy can cover the whole outfield by himself. Your young guns are killing it. ... and now Pedroia has woken up so you should be cool as long as your pitching holds. ... and I'm not sure it's going to.

The AL East is a blob right now. Even the Yankees have a shot at that last wildcard spot, albeit a long shot.

I'm really enjoying watching the "baby bombers". Seems like a good group of kids and the best hitter we have in the minors isn't even up to the Yankees yet. I think Greg Bird will take Tex's spot next year. The kid has a swing like Dandy Don.

14. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

OK, so Harry Carey wasn't so bad then: "it could be......it might be....it's caught on the warning track!"

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

^ yeah, the Yankees finally did the right thing. They delayed the "oh no, we're old as shit and can't play anymore" thing much longer than I thought they could (by several years) but it finally caught up with them. Probably should have punted a year earlier, but finally swallowed their pride and committed to some rebuilding, and they got excellent returns on the trades. Will be a step back, but definitely the right long-term direction.

Mr. Laser Beam and Yanks like this.
  16. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone who wants to hear bad play-by-play should listen to Buck Martinez doing it. He's still a decent color guy, but he is constantly screwing up and has a lot of long, drawn out silences.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Compared to Ken Harrelson, Martinez is manna from Heaven.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Looks like there's ONE thing that can shut Al Leiter up: His laptop gets nailed by a foul ball. :lol:

Yanks likes this.
  19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

See, that's a different kind of problem. That's just actually BAD at the job, like shouldn't be doing it. Sterling is actually worse, in that he COULD be ok, but can't help himself from just acting like a clown and going for low hanging fruit...

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

This will come as a shock, Stephen Strasburg to the DL with elbow soreness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.