2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, May 8, 2014.

1. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't tell me about this finale :scream:

I don't know what France can do this year. That's the problem with them : they can do very well or they can do complete shit (that's what they usually do far from Europe).

At least they have a good looking kit this year, it's already something :lol:

No favorite this year, not even Brazil. I would be very entertained if they lose at home like in 1950 :lol:

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Haha, the headbutt. I remember that game very well. Italy had such an asshole squad that year, it was hilarious they won, especially when they crushed Germany's idiotic fucking "Sommermärchen" dreams. :lol:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMv3s96iy7s[/yt]

3. Shaytan

Germany deserved it for everything they've done to football :p

If Rumenigge can find a way to strangle himself with a pretzel... :lol:

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Speaking of the Germans would love to know from someone who lives in Germany what they think of their team and the current lack of decent strikers. I remember the days of the Klinsman and Biehroff + Klose has a good goal record though alot of them came from AWFUL opponents and inflates his record. Germany seem to over produce players in all positions bar strikers.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Suarez has gone under the knife for knee surgery so looks like he will miss their warm up games and go into the WC not at 100%. Bad for the World Cup but good news for ENG ;)

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I know the United States isn't the most exciting of teams, but no comments on the fact that Landon Donovan will not be going?

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of bummed about it, since he's meant so much to U.S. soccer for a long time now, but to be honest what I have seen of him in recent appearances he does seem to have lost a step or two. I'm glad that Klinsmann isn't putting people on the roster just because of what they've done in the past.

Realistically, though, I don't expect the U.S. to get past the group stage this time. Germany and Portugal? Ugh. And Ghana's no slouch, either.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, they got a really hard group. Although putting Donovan on the roster would probably insulate Klinsmann a little bit. They easily could lose with Donovan, but if they lose now, the question would be "how would they have done with Donovan playing."

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Maybe. But if he did put Donovan on the roster and they still lost, then you'd have people questioning that decision and wondering if Klinsmann should have given that roster spot to someone who might have contributed more. I think Klinsmann's kind of in a tough spot either way.

Although if that scenario did happen, there probably wouldn't be as many of those questions as there will be about how Donovan's presence might have helped.

10. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ GOD awful both of them (Shakira 2010 effort is far better). Coca Cola's "The World is ours" is easily the best WC 2014 song because they know how to to market a product properly ;)

12. EmoBorg

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

14. EmoBorg

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I've not seen anything in the 3 warm up games that indicates ENG will go far in this tournament and nothing to suggest Roy knows his best 11. The only good news really is Italy & Uruguay haven't looked in great shape either and Italy 1-1 Luxembourg made me :guffaw:

I would like to see a side set out to hold the ball in the middle and attack on both flanks with Gerrard/Henderson protecting the defence, Wilshere in the hole using his passing and driven runs to split Italy open and Sterling wide right with Lallana two foot ability n skill on the ball leaving their right back wrong footed at every turn on the left wing. Hopefully Sturridge will not waste his chances either :p After that game you can bring the likes of Barkley, Rooney and if fit Chamberlain back into the fold.

I expect however this awful flat 4-3-3 (not even a 4-3-3 really) that brings out nothing in his attack and exposes our defence.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Is Wilshere even fit enough to start a game yet?

17. Shaytan

8-0 yesterday for France against a very weak Jamaican team.
    It means nothing but it's still pleasant and it's not a bad thing after the bad news with Ribery.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

He looks pretty fit in fairness but I wouldn't want him no for 90 minutes. Let Italy tire and unleash Barkley ;)

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

IT'S HERE !!! :beer:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAbrrZ6fjHA[/YT]

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

That was certainly the worst opening ceremony I can remember !