2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Tribble puncher, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Cool, if possible, post some pics of them when you get them, if you can't, at least come back and tell the few of us who are interested your thoughts on them!

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's the final version (I got mine at a local Target store a couple of weeks ago).
    They're definitely hard to find. Some stores haven't even ordered the case that has them because they're trying to get rid of the Hot Wheels stock they already have. To make matters worse, there aren't that many of 'em in a case to begin with and some people snatch up all of them in one go as they're only a buck (or less) each. If you buy one from eBay, you're likely buying it from someone who did that.
    It does seem like it would be to scale (or nearly to scale) with the Vengeance.

3. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eaglemoss Collections will be releasing versions of many (65) Star Trek ships starting this fall too. According to this article: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=20438 the ships will be fully metal with extremely detailed paint application.

They will be of a similar size to the Hot Wheels ships but more expensive (not by much, the article and Eaglemoss website imply they'll be around the $20-$25 rangewhile Hot Wheels' are $15-$20).

I'm going to get the two or three series released by Hot Wheels (that's how many series were released in 09-10) and some of the Eaglemoss ones.

4. Tribble puncher

Yeah I'm toying with getting these, almost 70 of these things I'm not sure what I'd do with....I'd be really interested in ships like the Nebula, Akira, Steamrunner...but I'm sure they aren't gonna make the full set unless they get enough subs...

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Yes me!!

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I hope toy store will carry these--maybe hobby shops at least. Too many action figures.

The only thing HALO wise I would buy is a Pillar of Autum ship--and they ovver everything but capital ships.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The only reason why the Star Trek XI toyline was said to have too many figures was because Playmates released too many all at once and in more than one scale. Had they stuck with just one scale and rolled them out in smaller waves over a longer period of time, it likely would have been successful (it initially was during the first few weeks).

8. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2013 D4-Class Kronos Patrol Bird of Prey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wings move a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is really nice, not sure the ones seen in the movie had this 'traditional' coloring the one pictured on the back of the box is more silver and light green, but the Klingon blood color on the markings is a cool touch. Can't wait for the Vengenace and the Kelvin to arrive!

ncc71877:klingon:

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I got the Kelvin in the mail yesterday! Love it

10. gerbil

gerbil Captain Captain

Is there much "bend" in the nacelle? My Vengeance was free of any warping but I know my nuPrise from the old line is pretty twisted.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The nacelle/secondary hull are so compact on the Kelvin that they are pretty sturdy.

12. ncc71877

2013 U.S.S. Kelvin NCC-0514
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I can say is if you like this ship, even just a little, try and get one these. Hot Wheels has done a great job here.

ncc71877:bolian:

13. ncc71877

2013 U.S.S. Vengeance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, I'm going to admit that I've seen the movie three times and never noticed the cut outs in the saucer section. I wish they had given the Vengeance an NX/NCC prefix, NX-2000 just to make people crazy maybe. This is a great model, 2013 ships seem much better than the ships they did in '09.

ncc71877:evil:

14. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only thing that feels off on the Vengeance are those pylons, they feel a bit weak to me. Otherwise, I actually rather like it. It's mean and slick.

15. Tribble puncher

Did you guys get these from amazon? They all look good, I will prob get the whole set, I'm kinda bummed the vengeance doesn't have a deflector dish....small quibble though

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^In the film, we saw when the Vengeance first dropped out of warp, shutters close over the deflector dish. It's there, just protected when not in use:)

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Finally found the Enterprise from the Hot Wheels Imagination line at a local CVS Pharmacy. Cute little ship for a $1.50. :techman:

18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The deflector has its own deflector?

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I had to order mine. It looks in scale with the Vengence.

I wish they made the series a bit larger. You have the best aft view of Vengence.

The Klingon ship reminds me of The Betty from Alien 4

20. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey Peeps!

:D Just pre-ordered a HW USS Kelvin (from BBTS)!

Can't wait for her to to ship, and leave spacedock!

:techman: Soooooo excited!