12th Doctor Announcement Coming In October?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I've said before, I've heard that there's supposed to be a live episode on the 23rd...

2. Lonemagpie

April

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Told you so!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118065796/

And yes, technically this doesn't mean his going but it doesn't look good does it now?

And on a related note, now that Being Human's been cancelled Toby Whithouse's going to be looking for a new job...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  4. Lonemagpie

Didn't they cast a 12th when he did that film about the olympic rowers? no? well then...

And if they do we'll know well before October

5. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends on if they plan to film any more Who (beyond the Special(s)) this year. This could just be Smith filling a gap in his schedule and testing the Hollywood waters.

6. StCoop

That was between Series. So he's either leaving or they're not going to be even shooting Series 8 any time soon.

7. StCoop

It wasn't that long ago the Producers were claiming they'd be doing nealy two-years of non-stop shooting. I guess we can add that to the rest of their lies then.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Or it could mean that, other than April's filming, there was no other Doctor Who filming planned for this spring. Since he had a hole in his schedule, he could take another job, not unlike Cumberbatch and the Julian Assange film.

You're right, it doesn't mean that Matt Smith is leaving. This does, however, make it unlikely that we'll see more Who in 2013 than what was announced at Toy Fair as season eight wouldn't begin filming before July-ish.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

He also made Christopher and his Kind at the same time as filming Who...and of course he filmed both those tv films whilst he was filming a full 13+1 series of Who. If all we're going to have is 7/8 episodes a year from now on this will mean more time for other projects. Cumberbatch and Freeman are still going to be able to do at least 3 more episodes of Sherlock (which equates to 6 eps of Who) despite Freeman being in the Hobbit and Cumberbatch being in, well everything...

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Except that Moffat and company planned around the "Hobbit" and "Star Trek: Into Darkness" schedules, which is why they're shooting "Sherlock Series 3" after production wraps on Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary special.

I suspect that Matt's casting in Gosling's film will mean that we're going to be in for a very long wait for series 8. They could start shooting it later this year depending on how large Matt's role is...but I don't think we'll see series 8 until well into next year, if even then. They've yet to even commission it yet right?

11. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

The illuminations are paired on either side of the road - that's probably why there are 12. 11 wouldn't look right! One will probably have the logo or a Cyberman popping out :p

12. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why doesn't it look good?

I like Smith and all but it's Doctor Who - everyone moves on eventually. It doesn't mean the show will end.

13. Allyn Gibson

No, there's going to be Sherlock/Who overlap. The Who anniversary special shoots in April. Sherlock III starts filming in March and will wrap in mid-May because Freeman goes back to New Zealand for Hobbit reshoots at the end of May.

14. StCoop

Uh, what?

Doesn't look good for his continuing in the job.

Personally I can't wait for a post-Smith (and hopefully post-Moffat) Doctor Who.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Famous last words when David Walliams becomes the 12th Doctor...

16. StCoop

I'm hoping for Jason Statham myself. His film career's on the wane so time for him to start nutting some Cybermen.

17. Allyn Gibson

If that would be anything like this CAD comic (one of the rare funny ones), sign me up! :)

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'd pay money to see that...but I think I'd probably want him to regenerate within one episode!

19. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm picturing Statham as like this badass mix of 9 and 10, would have to get a director that would let him do stunts since well that's what The Statham does.

He'd have to get used to not having a gun and spouting techno mumbo jumbo but then again, maybe he'd go "Yeah I did the nerd thing, time to go back to being an utter bahd-ahs!" while he rips the crotch plate off a Cyberman and shoves his sonic screwdriver where the sun don't shine to comedic effect

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Finally the Doctor could go back to using Venusian Akido!