12th Doctor Announcement Coming In October?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Or the brickyard, barnyard . . .

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

(GAH!)

But, it would be hilarious if they set an entire story in some sort of self aware barnyard that turned out to be the Doctor's future self...

Ok. Maybe not hilarious.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Valeyard's cool but also a Michael Grade symbol so, yes :p

Scaaaaary stuff.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh that would be awesome! I'd be happy with either of them!

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, that's interesting. But it would mean them giving away the whole look of a new Doctor in the special, without anything to publicise for the follow-up season...

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering that the page says "A Doctor & iconic monster t-shirt EVERY MONTH in 2013," and there are no iconic monsters in silhouette between January and November, then it stands to reason that December is probably a Dalek.

8. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of those Top Secret Daleks they can't show a photo of.

9. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

There's an iconic monster every month, not just once-- that's why there are two shirts per month. The second January design is a Dalek T-shirt based on "The Dalek Invasion of Earth." If the first Doctor shirt is anything to go by, there are no character images on the Doctor shirts, only fake logos, so they wouldn't need a twelfth Doctor costume or look, although what they would use for such a design is an open question. The company's announcement on Facebook coyly says "...and who knows what may appear in December."

10. Allyn Gibson

I was trying to be charitable. :) I'm still reeling from this Moffat interview; I can't decide if he's drunk or if he's deliberately yanking the interviewer's chain.

11. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

From this viewer's read, it sounds like he really just doesn't have anything to say about the anniversary. That could be a sign that there isn't anything to say, or they're just being very very secretive for some reason.

12. Konata Izumi

Wow. That's pretty amazing:lol:

So he's anxious about getting the 50th wrong? Not about getting it right? He's anxious that he's getting it wrong?

I have to see that again.

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

especially with the Daleks 50th being in December

If there's a 12th Doctor immediately post-anniversary, we'll know it by the end of April, not October

14. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not really related to this but it's interesting that the big Dimensions convention in Newcastle which was meant to take place on the anniversary weekend has been moved forward to October - apparently for reasons that will become apparent over the next few weeks.

So are the BBC planning some big live events for that weekend.

15. Konata Izumi

He looks very tired. I wonder if he should end the current showrunner formula and maybe give his plans for series eight to Gatiss or something. His mission of raising the quality of the show seems to be about done. And he already did the improvised series arc thing twice. His work here seems to be done.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

He's on a night out, of course he looks tired :)

I'm not sure what Allyn means about yanking the interviewers chain? Is it aroud the fact that he still seems to be suggesting Who will take over the telly in November? If so, it can do that without having a whole stream of episodes. I imagine we may get classic repeats on BBC3, and I imagine a whole host of Who alumni will be appearing on every panel show/chat show going! Plus whether it's Jena or someone else (still betting on Davison myself) there's bound to be a Who presense on Strictly this year.

As for a 12th Doctor, I think Lonemagpie is right, if there is going to be one we'll know way before the autumn

17. Allyn Gibson

No, I meant Moffat's inability to answer the questions straight and forthrightly. :)

I realize that Moffat didn't want to say anything about the anniversary plans, but at the same time he didn't have to be a joker about it.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ah I sI thought he'd said something ridiculous like "We're making a three hour long film" or something!

19. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my impression as well. A bone-tired, mentally exhausted state. I think he was trying to be humorous but just too exhausted to actually be funny. Can't blame him, he sounds busy!

Also, I thought the answer about Bond was telling. He didn't want to be involved so he could still enjoy it, which sort of implies he's not enjoying his current work as much. Probably because it's too much.

It's probably been stated, but does anyone known when filming for the anniversary special will start?

Mr Awe

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I can think about now is what a Moffat scripted Bond film would be like! :lol: