‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I read comics - he's lame and all the better for it.

2. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

You should check out Justice League vol 3: Throne of Atlantis. It's also being adapted into an animated movie to be released next year. The book is self contained so you don't need to read the first two volumes or the monthly Aquaman titles. It makes Aquaman and his mythos really cool.

A few days ago Zack Snyder called a radio show to defend Aquaman.
    http://io9.com/zack-snyder-calls-into-local-radio-show-to-defend-the-h-1618361564

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

haha, I love it. I understand why they're doing it, but I'm not fan of this epic fight between Superman and Batman that is the marketing for the film. I'd be much more interested in seeing Bruce Wayne at the Kents' place for Christmas dinner or the two of them solving a crime together in the batcave than a $50 million dollar slugfest between the two of them. They're supposed to be close friends, or, at the very least, reluctant allies. The two of them giving each other the death stare is so silly.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally agree. I know that the big fight will bring in the money for DC, but as characters I prefer them as friends, I don't need to see them fight.

5. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After Batman open his 55 gallon drum of whoopass on ol' Supes they'll be the best of friends. Super-friends. ;)

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't mind a fight, I just hope it isn't the main focus or doesn't take up the bulk of the film.

And not sure if this was mentioned here yet, but the latest rumor is that Lex gets his hands both on debris from the World Engine (to synthesize kryptonite) and Zod's body (to apparently engineer some kind of weapon against Superman, which may or may not be Doomsday).

I'm still not crazy about the Doomsday idea, but the rest sounds pretty cool I think.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33404/potential-batman-v-superman-zod-spoilers

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Could be the old Marvel stand by: they fight in the first half realize they've been duped and team up to fight the real villain.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Have you read Geoff John's run on Aquaman?

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's my guess.

10. Nerys Myk

He is lame if all you know about him is "he talks to fishes".

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I guess it'll take a while to change that perception.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Aquaman has been awesome for a long time, probably really starting with Peter David's Aquaman. There is a scene I like to bring up when people say Aquaman is lame, from an issue where Superboy and Aquaman fought (I think this happened during Peter David's run, or close to it, although he didn't write this). After Aquaman was stopped from talking to a navy admiral by Superboy, they fought, going back and forth for awhile. Then this happened

[​IMG]

and then

[​IMG]

and this is still before I think they really started taking the idea of Aquaman's super strength and endurance as far as they should. Aquaman is definitely a cool character, and an impressive hero. Hopefully if nothing else DC's live action movies help change some people's opinion of him.

13. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aquaman sucks. ;)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3YeLFotc[/yt]

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but I understand why they are doing it.

It's like Kirk and Spock's relationship in 2009's Star Trek. It started out as adversarial and then Kirk and Spock eventually put aside their differences and became friends. It made their eventual friendship that much more satisfying because we saw them as enemies in the beginning. Growth, transformation, all that jazz.

There have been plenty of times in the comics when Batman and Superman have butted heads. They always work out their differences, though, and end up teaming up to defeat the enemy for the greater good. Look at The New Batman/Superman Adventures cartoon that aired in the late 90's/early 00's and plenty of other instances in the comics. I am sure, by the third act of Batman vs. Superman, both of them will put aside their differences and will team-up to defeat Lex Luthor and whoever else.

This will be the first time we'll be seeing Batman and Superman on the big screen. You think they would miss an opportunity to see them go head-to-head? Look at The Avengers. Iron Man, Captain America and Thor didn't have to butt heads but it makes it even cooler when they eventually do fight side-by-side. Plus, it's an opportunity (seeing them fight) that's hard to pass up.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

But the title is Batman V Superman.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would honestly be more shocked if they didn't fight than if they did. The big fight between the heroes is pretty much a standard part of these kinds of stories. I'm looking forward to it too. I love the idea of getting to see a big fight between those two in a big screen blockbuster. But by the end I'm betting they work together to defeat Luthor and any other villains in the movie, and possibly set up Justice League.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It certainly won't be the first time Bruce and Clark have come to blows.

18. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Because that's the selling point, so of course they are going to call it that. Also because Batman And Superman Fight, But Eventually Put Aside Their Differences To Stop Lex Luthor probably wouldn't fit on a marquee. ;)

19. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I imagine Bruce s still alittle peeved over the loss of his satellite and is easily manipulated by Lex Luthor into fighting Superman.

20. Nerys Myk

Bruce Wayne losing a satellite is like you or I losing a glove.